Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
The weekend is off to a good start. Vassen is from Thursday 20191114_184510.jpg
20191116_151432.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thanks for commenting Scepticalscribe!
Westmalle is a big name, and there are reasons for that indeed.

I tend to prefer quadrupels, those splendid Belgian stouts/porters, to almost anything else, but must admit that Westmalle produce one of the very best tripels to be had.

Do enjoy. And the glass is magnificent, isn't it? I have a few of those myself, wonderfully sturdy and very forgiving of one's occasionally clumsy drinking habits.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A Belgian beer I have never seen before?

Looks amazing, and what a beautiful piece of glassware, an exceedingly elegant glass; I have always loved that custom in Belgium of serving a beer in a specific glass designed to best flatter the beer, in terms of taste and appearance.

Do enjoy, and let us know what the beer was actually like.

Reactions: pachyderm

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Corsendonk has been around for a while, and is amongst the well known Belgian brands.
However, I must admit this was my first one (having been more of a wine person).

You got it right about the glass shape, it really does flatter the beer. I also like the bottle as it has no paper label stuck to it, but this caligraphy-ish text engraved on the glass itself.

As for the beer, this particular one is a soft yet snappy tripel. I did enjoy it, and will definitely get more !

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Corsendonk has been around for a while, and is amongst the well known Belgian brands.
However, I must admit this was my first one (having been more of a wine person).

You got it right about the glass shape, it really does flatter the beer. I also like the bottle as it has no paper label stuck to it, but this caligraphy-ish text engraved on the glass itself.

As for the beer, this particular one is a soft yet snappy tripel. I did enjoy it, and will definitely get more !

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

How does it compare to the Westmalle tripel which I think is one of the better triples?

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
It's that day of the week again. Is this an addictive thread or what ?

This afternoon we sat in a cosy contemporary bistro, only kilometers away from the Ter Dolen Abbey.
Obvious choice...
Their Copper Blonde Tripel is quite enjoyable, malty and fresh, well dosed bitterness. Doesn't compare to any other beer I recently had.

Image.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It's that day of the week again. Is this an addictive thread or what ?

This afternoon we sat in a cosy contemporary bistro, only kilometers away from the Ter Dolen Abbey.
Obvious choice...
Their Copper Blonde Tripel is quite enjoyable, malty and fresh, well dosed bitterness. Doesn't compare to any other beer I recently had.

View attachment 881306

Whimper; Belgian beers, and Belgian beer chalices or goblets, or glasses.......waht a wonderful way to spend some of a Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: pachyderm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.