Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sakurarain

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2018
Shanghai
here is mine, now 14:45 in Shanghai, been waiting for 4 months.

Attachments

• IMG_2200.jpg
    IMG_2200.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 412

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
2010 Mazdaspeed 3. Cobb AP3 with Stratified Stage 2 OTS tune (medium crackles!), basic bolt-ons (HPFP, Corksport Catback exhaust with race pipe, Corksport short ram with turbo inlet pipe), BC coilovers, Rotiform RSE 18x8.5 +35 with 235/40/18 Riken Raptor ZR tires, and many other little touches and modifications. It's an absolute blast.

I'm also in the process of buying this 1992 Toyota MR-2 from my friend, mainly as a daily. It's, sadly, not a turbo but it's got a host of handling and stiffening modifications, so it's a handling MACHINE. It's so much fun also the t-tops are very welcome in this hot summer!

IMG_20180714_204522.jpg 2018-06-19 02.18.03 2.jpg IMG_20180619_134233.jpg

Reactions: ranviper

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I'm also in the process of buying this 1992 Toyota MR-2 from my friend, mainly as a daily. It's, sadly, not a turbo but it's got a host of handling and stiffening modifications, so it's a handling MACHINE. It's so much fun also the t-tops are very welcome in this hot summer!

Fun, I so rarely see MR-2s anymore, though the other day headed OOT, we saw a *mint* MR-S, older guy driving it, would've loved to have asked him if he was an original owner, etc.

Reactions: three

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Fun, I so rarely see MR-2s anymore, though the other day headed OOT, we saw a *mint* MR-S, older guy driving it, would've loved to have asked him if he was an original owner, etc.

It's such a unique car and a blast to drive! I consistently receive comments and complements over it. I've always been a fan of the third gen's, too.

ranviper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
2010 Mazdaspeed 3. Cobb AP3 with Stratified Stage 2 OTS tune (medium crackles!), basic bolt-ons (HPFP, Corksport Catback exhaust with race pipe, Corksport short ram with turbo inlet pipe), BC coilovers, Rotiform RSE 18x8.5 +35 with 235/40/18 Riken Raptor ZR tires, and many other little touches and modifications. It's an absolute blast.

Yay another speed3 owner! :)

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
View attachment 770023 Picked it up few months ago. My Volvo V90 R-Design.

Seriously impressed with it.
My black XC90 R-Design has the same wheels. Love it!
[doublepost=1533876916][/doublepost]
I just learned that my new McLaren has that as well. How the heck does that happen on an exotic sports car?

To stay on topic, here is a pic of some of my cars: Cayman S, GT-R, and 570S:

qsppc3.jpg
That's what is great about the few remaining manuals. No stop start anywhere. Though most of those cars you can turn the feature off.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
She was looking too good in the Texas open country not to get a shot of her. :)

I have driven/owned quite a few fast performance cars over the years, most recently back in July I drove my neighbors Tesla S 85D for the first time and it was the most unique experience I have ever been in any car. It was just unrealistically quick (In a way that I wanted to ask to drive it again), precise with handling and an a joy to ride in. What surprised me the most, was not just acceleration or regenerative breaking, but the fact that it has no engine, and how unbelievably quiet inside the cabin is with the sound deadening. You think you would hear all the road noise and other vehicles around you, and you simply don’t.

My city is populated with Teslas everywhere, the more I see them, the more I do appreciate what they have to offer. Preferably I like the Tesla 85D and the P100. I won’t rule out an electric vehicle like Tesla in the future, even though I do prefer the engine notes a V-8 or T.T. V6, but it was a great experience overall.

Here is is a picture and post I made of my neighbors white 85D:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-car-thread.1766143/page-374#post-26212040

Last edited:
Reactions: SandboxGeneral

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I have driven/owned quite a few fast performance cars over the years, most recently back in July I drove my neighbors Tesla S 85D for the first time and it was the most unique experience I have ever been in any car. It was just unrealistically quick (In a way that I wanted to ask to drive it again), precise with handling and an a joy to ride in. What surprised me the most, was not just acceleration or regenerative breaking, but the fact that it has no engine, and how unbelievably quiet inside the cabin is with the sound deadening. You think you would hear all the road noise and other vehicles around you, and you simply don’t.

My city is populated with Teslas everywhere, the more I see them, the more I do appreciate what they have to offer. Preferably I like the Tesla 85D and the P100. I won’t rule out an electric vehicle like Tesla in the future, even though I do prefer the engine notes a V-8 or T.T. V6, but it was a great experience overall.

Here is is a picture and post I made of my neighbors white 85D:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-car-thread.1766143/page-374#post-26212040

I have told many people that have ridden or seen my car not to take a test drive if you are on the fence for buying as you will purchase day within the hour.

The feeling of instant torque, silent ride, and amazing handling with these cars blows my mind every single time I drive. I look for excuses to drive now versus groaning when having to run errands or go somewhere. Especially in traffic as Autopilot completely changes stress in that scenario on a daily basis.

I have said I will never drive another gas driven vehicle ever again after this experience and hoping that Tesla releases a truck as rumored as I have a RAM as my other vehicle and love having a truck with a family/house.

These cars sell themselves when you experience it while driving. Glad you got a chance to give it a go! :)

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have told many people that have ridden or seen my car not to take a test drive if you are on the fence for buying as you will purchase day within the hour.

The feeling of instant torque, silent ride, and amazing handling with these cars blows my mind every single time I drive. I look for excuses to drive now versus groaning when having to run errands or go somewhere. Especially in traffic as Autopilot completely changes stress in that scenario on a daily basis.

I have said I will never drive another gas driven vehicle ever again after this experience and hoping that Tesla releases a truck as rumored as I have a RAM as my other vehicle and love having a truck with a family/house.

These cars sell themselves when you experience it while driving. Glad you got a chance to give it a go! :)

Agreed. Just want to add to this:

I’m indifferent to what the people opinions are on Elon Musk, I’m purchasing the car for the experience, not the person behind the Innovation or the brand. And I think Tesla really does deliver an experience like none other. Even if I don’t purchase a Tesla in the future, in the least, its educated me to not disparage against something without having experience with it and broadened my Horizon to pay more attention to electric vehicles , where as an example would be Ford, supposedly the Mustang will all electric by 2021/2022.

But if I could own a Tesla, I would want the P100D, and there is a blue one that is sitting not too far for me for Approximately $130,000:D.

I’m a strong car enthusiast, in fact, I shop new cars regularly and I’m already looking to see what my next ‘fun’ ride will be, and I do have Tesla (Likely Lightly used) as a back option as a secondary car if possible as a daily. (I never keep my rides to long.)

Added Bonus: Tesla dispatches ‘Tech teams’ direct to your location if you need any type of service and there more charging stations being added to my city every single day.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
1968 Camaro RS.

This is not my personal car, However, Fun fact:

This car was in shambles approximately one month ago, and was completely restored by a few high school students, and originally intended for auction, but the owner of a car dealership approached ahead of the auction schedule and paid more than _triple_ Over the starting auction price. Needless to say, it never Made it to auction.

I know this is just one picture, but this vehicle really was clean the whole way around, and I’m amazed at what a few high school students could accomplish in such a short amount of time with this restoration project. (My personal favorite thing is the matching red ring around the tires to the vehicle paint.)

708FEE55-1A1A-47D5-8429-3C682EA9E852.jpeg

Last edited:

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
I added a new car to the garage this week. It's going to be more of a second job than a car, but I'm still chuffed to bits...

It's a 1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite which has been in my family for longer than I have. This was my father's first car which he bought shortly before college in 1964. Thankfully my dad's still with us, but the car has sat unused and undriven since 2010 or so and he finally decided it was time to sell. I'd always told him I expected right of first refusal so last week he shipped it down to me in Texas to start its new life. This little car was a huge part of my childhood. It's the car I learned to drive a manual transmission in. It's certainly the germination of my love of convertibles and the reason I've owned Miatas and Z3s and a parade of two seater sports cars my entire life.

I do a fair bit of wrenching on a more modern race car, but the scope of work for getting this thing roadworthy again is well outside my comfort zone. My girlfriend and I are looking forward to the new project. I'm so happy to keep this car in the family.

It needs a ton of work. From the paperwork I see that it's only driven about 3,000 miles since 1989 and I think the current tires are from that era. But it starts and runs well enough for driving around in the neighborhood.

sprite-unloading.jpg

sprite-front.jpg

sprite-garage.jpg

More photos here: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B10J0DiRHJf62zd

kollapop

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Somewhere on Earth
Here's my current steed, soon to be joined by something a little more practical...
IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0709.jpg
IMG_0714.jpg
It's not the most practical as the visibility isn't great (thanks to a super-thick B-pillar), the seats aren't the most comfortable for long trips, the nose is hella long, it drinks fuel around town in a way that only a 6.2 N/A engine can and the exhaust manifolds are directly under the boot floor meaning your shopping will get gently toasted but... the engine sounds amazing, it still attracts a ridiculous amount of attention (even now) and you'll always be let out at junctions! I like keeping it dirty as it stops people trying to lean on it trying to taking pictures for the 'gram... hehehe

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
Here's my current steed, soon to be joined by something a little more practical...
View attachment 784365 View attachment 784366 View attachment 784367 It's not the most practical as the visibility isn't great (thanks to a super-thick B-pillar), the seats aren't the most comfortable for long trips, the nose is hella long, it drinks fuel around town in a way that only a 6.2 N/A engine can and the exhaust manifolds are directly under the boot floor meaning your shopping will get gently toasted but... the engine sounds amazing, it still attracts a ridiculous amount of attention (even now) and you'll always be let out at junctions! I like keeping it dirty as it stops people trying to lean on it trying to taking pictures for the 'gram... hehehe

What do you do for a living?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.