Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I would like to start a thread for real Pixel 4 buyers and owners. Obviously this is early, as the phones aren't even officialy in stock yet, but if you ordered one already, then chime in.

Case or naked? I bought two on Amazon, clear gel, and a thin grippy black case;

Color? I went Clearly White

Size? 64GB

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
From the videos I like the back of the phone a lot, in the white and orgnage colors. Looks very minimalist, but sharp and cool. Almost makes me wanna go case less, but that's risky

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Another noticeable thing coming from the Pixel 3 XL, is the bottom bezel being much smaller, and giving me more screen real estate at the bottom. Especially with gesture navigation, it seems cut in half and more.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
How is everyone finding the screen brightness?

I’m currently away with work and my Pixel 4 XL arrived the day I left.
Brightness is alright, it could be better. In really bright sunlight you can see that the screen is a little dim.

Reactions: MarkX

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Which web browser are you guys using on the Pixel 4?

I am on Brave as it has built in ad blockers. I used to use Samsung Browser, find it the best, but you need to install a separate ad blocker, that usually installs some VPN on your phone, and I get worried about those, and inky certain ones work well on Android 10.

So, what do you recommend?

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Is there a way to disable the battery% on lockscreen?

I don't want to always see the battery % at the bottom of the lock screen, is there a way to remove that and not be shown?

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland

I am on Brave as it has built in ad blockers. I used to use Samsung Browser, find it the best, but you need to install a separate ad blocker, that usually installs some VPN on your phone, and I get worried about those, and inky certain ones work well on Android 10.

I’m currently giving the Microsoft edge browser a try, quite liking it so far.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008

Good old chrome lol

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

Big fan of Brave myself—my default browser on Android or Windows and even use it on Mac for those times when I switch to an Android phone as my main daily driver, so that everything is synced.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
How do you guys active the screen?

Motion Sense on? With reach to turn on?

Or motion sense off? And in Display settings the lift and tap to turn on screen?

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Motion sense is on for me the only thing I've turned off is skip song option.... All the others are on.. one is for silencing alarms, the other one wakes the screen up just by walking towards the phone, (example if it's laying flat on a table)not reaching it just being near it will wake up the ambient screen, and the last one is when your hand reaches for the phone the face id system turns on so when you pick up the phone it unlocks instantly.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
What display setting are you guys running?

-Boosted
-Saturated
-Adaptive

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
My first weekend with the Pixel 4 XL, I was at 12% battery left, with 6h 53m SoT. And was off the charger a day and a half, like 35 hours.

So that's definitely better battery life than my Pixel 3 XL. It's not super great battery, but not bad either.

And that's with force 90hz on always.

So my 3 XL was averaging like 5.5h to 6h SoT before low % battery saver kicked in. My 4 XL goes to like 7h SoT before battery saver kicks in. So I'm getting a solid one hour to 90 minutes better battery life on my 4 XL. I'd say the Pixel 4 XL is a 7.5h SoT type of battery life phone. Which a few years ago, that'd be amazing battery life, but today that's just good.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

I switched to Brave from Samsung Internet a while ago but have recently switched to Firefox Preview. Has all the builtin ad blockers, etc like Brave but I found it to be a little more fluid. I've never been a fan of Firefox on PC or even Android in the past, but I'm really liking FP.

Bandaman

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2019
How's everyone enjoying their phones? I'm making the leap to the Pixel 4 XL on Black Friday.

Edit: Man ... Samsung has crazy deals on their Galaxy line and they come with free bluetooth headphones and twice the storage. D:

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.