Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pawxpaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2019
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to see you are enjoying it!
the biggest thing is accepting the web pinned versions of things you use are actually very good. chromeos can kind of make any webpage into an app for you, and they work very well.

pawxpaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2019
I got a Pixelbook Go a few weeks ago and really like it. Very solid design and lightweight. It may have the best keyboard I've ever used.
yep, i agree. I had to write about 3000 words yesterday on a report, and i did it on the pixelbook which i swear was actually quicker than my daskeyboard pro that i have on my desktop mac.

Reactions: OdT22

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
the biggest thing is accepting the web pinned versions of things you use are actually very good. chromeos can kind of make any webpage into an app for you, and they work very well.
This was the kicker for me when I had the Pixelbook. At the end of the day, I couldn't get used to that. Went back to a Mac after.

pawxpaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2019
This was the kicker for me when I had the Pixelbook. At the end of the day, I couldn't get used to that. Went back to a Mac after.
you don't have to do it that way, you can just install the proper programmes, like outlook for instance. but the web pinned version is actually better i find. it makes it very similar to a mac programme.

pawxpaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2019
question for fellow chromebook users.
on outlook web based mail that ive pinned to the dash it pops up to show me notifications in the pop up dock by the clock.
but weirdly gmail does not. ive got notifications on on the gmail app, but it never pops up. is it possible to make it work like the outlook one?

also, is there a way to display the date by the clock?

the hardest part about researching these type of things is all the search results relate to chrome browser, not necessarily chrome os...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.