Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi again!!

I've just got response from apple about my app rejection.
They wrote this:

From Apple
2.2 - Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected

2.2 Details

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 8.1.2 and iPhone running iOS 8.1.2 on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks.

Specifically no banners were found during the review.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s). For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s).

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in the Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

Resources

If you feel that this rejection was made in error, and believe your app is in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines, you may submit an appeal to the App Review Board. Please allow up to one business day for an initial response from the App Review Board.

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow described in Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:
- complete details of your rejection issue(s)
- screenshots
- steps to reproduce the issue(s)
- symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

The image they sent(have blacked some stuff out for clone purposes): http://s23.postimg.org/3z1rx2yjv/temp_ibqmgblp.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so they say that there's no banner during the review. My app is programmed to wait for the banner to appear, as you can see at the text.

Therefore my app won't work probably if the banner won't show up.

But I just can't understand why it shouldn't work on their devices because my app works totally fine on all my fully updated devices; As you can see here: http://s29.postimg.org/a243eu453/IMG_0113.png

As I as, my app is working on all my devices. Therefore I got NO idea why I got rejected because of that. As I also said, my app will be 100% functionally when the banner is loaded.

They call it a bug but in my opinion something is obviously different between my devices and theirs????

PLEASE HELP!! Help me to fix this stuff, like what I can do! I appreciate help very much!

-Thanks

Suspended
May 1, 2010
California
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Is the banner in question an ad? If so, aren't you supposed to check if the ad will display before you run the rest of the code?

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I think the problem is you say with text that there will be a banner there and if the banner does not load it looks crappy. Don't have that text show until the banner shows and you should be fine. Are you offering incentives to click the ad? I thought you couldn't do that anymore?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I think the problem is you say with text that there will be a banner there and if the banner does not load it looks crappy. Don't have that text show until the banner shows and you should be fine. Are you offering incentives to click the ad? I thought you couldn't do that anymore?

Yeah, or at least indicate the banner will show up in X seconds, or even better have a countdown[?]

I’ve had a number of rejections, and all but one case I was able to simply use the Issue Resolution chat/messaging (in ITC) to explain the particulars. In that one case I actually had to change the behavior of the app (Apple is pretty cranky about WebViews and the content displayed, especially if it allows any kind of donation/transaction).

None from bugs, but I can’t tell if there’s a legit issue with your code, or it’s a designed behavior and Apple isn’t clear on what it’s supposed to do.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi again!

Thanks for all the replies...

But they've told me that they were not accurate and that there wasn't any bugs,,.. Which is good for me!!

Thanks!

----------

Sometimes, Apple is very disappointing!

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
... so they say that there's no banner during the review. My app is programmed to wait for the banner to appear, as you can see at the text.

Therefore my app won't work probably if the banner won't show up.

Did you test your app in Airplane mode?

Apple will test the app on Airplane mode to make sure your app behaves (doesn't lock up) even if the user has a really bad or no connection. An app should not lock up while waiting on a bad connection, but must do something useful instead. Perhaps show a cached or default banner instead, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.