Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone is your current daily driver?

• iPhone 11(+/Pro)

Votes: 204 43.1%
  • iPhone XS (MAX)

Votes: 61 12.9%
  • iPhone XR

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • iPhone X

Votes: 54 11.4%
  • iPhone 8 (+)

Votes: 45 9.5%
  • iPhone 7 (+)

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • iPhone SE

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • iPhone 6S (+)

Votes: 19 4.0%
  • iPhone 6 (+)

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • iPhone 5C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 5S

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • iPhone 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 4S

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • iPhone (older than 4S)

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

AppliedMicro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
iPhone SE - cause I can have a firm grip on it and operate it with the same (one) hand.
I don't need a bigger smartphone or one with rounded corners.

Though as for being a daily driver, that might just a well (or more) be my iPad mini.

Flappy Dunk

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2020
I use the iPhone 11 Pro (not the max).
(iPhone 11 Pro | 256GB | Gold)

Last edited:

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
I am anticipating the delivery for my 11 Pro Max. According to the tracking, it should be in the mail by Monday! I am so excited to finally be back to the iPhone gang. It’s been so long!

Reactions: yaboid01

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
When you have a 8 plus, what makes you miss the 7 plus?!
I was thinking the same thing? Maybe the slight weight difference but that is hardly noticeable. The 8+ is effectively a 7+ but with a better chip, wireless charging and True Tone. All round it’s a better phone.

7+ worked much better for me, and yes, the weight difference played a part. Was sorry I traded the 7+ in for it. 8+: problems with Touch ID not working more often than not, the microphone being garbage (Lots of echo when using speaker phone), battery capacity draining much faster than the 7+ too.

I am glad Apple is making a smaller, cheaper phone again without all the bells and whistles. Yes, it’s an 8, but I am sure it will be a much better experience for me.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
11 Pro. Really brilliant phone.

It’s an indulgence, but I’m on the upgrade programme so get to enjoy a new one every year. Looking forward to the 12 Pro!

Reactions: minik

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Last month it was the 11 Pro Max but I got over it, you know owning the latest & greatest.

I also wanted to buy the 2020 MacBook Air, have the Gold/i5 now.

Now I'm using the XR.

Beyonder88

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2017
Xs Max 512gb alongside the Samsung note 10 plus 512gb. Best of both worlds.

I prefer one version of iPhone behind as it’s cheaper and quite a steal if you find one. Resale, you can find some at really good prices. Some ppl simply sell them dirt cheap so to get the latest and greatest iphone.

Androids preferably get the latest and sell the previous versions quick for better resale. Will probably have the 11pro Max and note 11 plus by year end.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I have an XS Max and it works perfectly. I would have upgraded to the 11 Pro Max but my carrier was being difficult. From what I'm seeing on the 12 I'll definitely be upgrading both phone and carrier when it comes out.

Stridr69

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
Xs max and Pixel 4 xl

Woah! Kindred spirit Sir. Just have the Pixel 4. But still NightSight is the bomb!
For the thread: Launch day XS Max. Battery life still at 100%. Even at 13.4.1 iOS. Plan to pay off this phone and take a serious look at iPhone 12 down the road......

Last edited:

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Skipped the 11 pro max because of the intel modems and wasn’t a big enough difference to upgrade from my very reliable and still going strong 64 gig XS Max ?

Wouldn't mind the legendary battery life of the iPhone pro max that everyone talks about ??

hopefully the 12s have the same great battery life as the 11s.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
7+ worked much better for me, and yes, the weight difference played a part. Was sorry I traded the 7+ in for it. 8+: problems with Touch ID not working more often than not, the microphone being garbage (Lots of echo when using speaker phone), battery capacity draining much faster than the 7+ too.

I am glad Apple is making a smaller, cheaper phone again without all the bells and whistles. Yes, it’s an 8, but I am sure it will be a much better experience for me.

Did you never realise the 8+ you owned was clearly faulty? What you’ve described that is not a normal experience and I’m surprised you accepted that it was. My 8+ is getting on for 2 years old and I’ve never experienced TouchID problems, echo from the microphone and a fast draining battery. If anything this phone has been the most reliable and solid iPhone I’ve owned and it’s often given this accolade in reviews. You should have taken yours back! lol

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Did you never realise the 8+ you owned was clearly faulty? What you’ve described that is not a normal experience and I’m surprised you accepted that it was. My 8+ is getting on for 2 years old and I’ve never experienced TouchID problems, echo from the microphone and a fast draining battery. If anything this phone has been the most reliable and solid iPhone I’ve owned and it’s often given this accolade in reviews. You should have taken yours back! lol
That’s nice that you had a rock solid 8+.

Yes, I did. I am almost positive this 8+ was a refurb, but given the chaos of real life that was not possible.
These issues popped up in the last five months.

After that experience, I will not trade in iPhones for $ off on a “new“ phone. I’ll trade these and iPads in for credit.

Have a great day.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
That’s nice that you had a rock solid 8+.

Yes, I did. I am almost positive this 8+ was a refurb, but given the chaos of real life that was not possible.
These issues popped up in the last five months.

After that experience, I will not trade in iPhones for $ off on a “new“ phone. I’ll trade these and iPads in for credit.

Have a great day.

That’s cool, as long as you didn’t think it was a normal experience for the 8+. I think the 8+ was voted most reliable iPhone to date at one point in a couple of articles I read and my experience has been great.

Likewise, have a great day mate :)

Gstavrev

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2020
Currently using an 11, that’s the second iPhone I’ve owned after a brief spell with a 7 last year. This time around I’m gonna try to stick with the 11 for longer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.