Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I'm getting endless 'Sign-In Required, Click continue and sign in to check for downloads' messages. I enter the password, and there is a message buried under that one with different verbage, and yet I can't get to it because one or more of the message I mention in this post immediately popup.

What the freaking heck!!!

Oh, it says 'Accessing iTunes Library' as soon as I hit a key, and the underlying message says 'Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID., Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID. Don't have an Apple ID? You can create one for free.' It has an active box for the password, but as soon as I try to type it, this message pops up and I have to enter the password.

So far, over and over and over and, you get the idea.

iCloud has to be the flakiest crap software...

Oh, this all started with the message 'Your iTunes Store session has expired. Your iTunes Store session has expired. To reconnect, sign in with your Apple ID and password.' I just logged out of iCloud. Fingers crossed...

Last edited:

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Apparently, yesterday, I had a computer in the iTunes Store when I started to activate the new iPhone. That was a mistake, for some reason. iTunes went total mental...

I logged out of iCloud, which took a long time, and then got the message about iTunes Store again, and closed iTunes, which took a long time. After I logged back in to iCloud, and fired up iTunes, everything seems good.

One thing that mystified me last night was after activation, the iPhone started prompting me for my wife's iCloud password. Really really strange.

The last time I went through this was with the mother-in-law and it was because she changed her Apple ID, and iTunes couldn't track that change through the content she had downloaded, which I found really odd because the underlying account didn't change, just the third party 'alias' she was using. Perhaps iTunes/iCloud should look at the underlying actual ID?

So, this is 'resolved', but still really odd that it happened, and hopefully the prompt for the wife's password doesn't happen again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.