Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I honestly cant believe apple hasnt released a single square themed watch face for series 4 (and any series for that matter).

Yes I know about hermes. But there should be an option for a simple square watch face for everyone... For gods sake the watch's screen is square in size and the watch is square in design.

Surely you can add a simple watch face with numbers aligned in a square pattern...

Your absolutely right. Apple seems more interested in butterflies and flames and vapour and that kind of stuff.

Craigy Boy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
England
And deleted Stepwise. It's really inaccurate. On a walk today it counted almost 3 kilometers extra…
Back to Pedometer++.

Really? Strange! Stepwise complication just reports what Apple Watch activity app shows for me (i.e it’s not counting any extra). So your stepwise distance and steps were different to what the Activity app reported?

SerenaC

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2015
Limburg, The Netherlands
Really? Strange! Stepwise complication just reports what Apple Watch activity app shows for me (i.e it’s not counting any extra). So your stepwise distance and steps were different to what the Activity app reported?

Yep, a lot!!!
Pedometer also isn't the exact same, but it's much closer to the health app.

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
HHajEyz.png

Quite happy with this one.
Stock apple apps are well known.
Subdial bottom is Waterminder, subdialtop is Obtain and corner slot right top is Cheatsheet.

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
So I flipped the orientation so I can wear my watch on my right wrist, I'm left-handed. But I can't figure out why I can't show the time on the left side instead of the standard right side.
I wear a freezer jacket at work pretty much all day and just want to have a quick glance at time instead of having to pull that thick jacket up everytime to see the time.
Is there a way?

shamelin73

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2019
East Texas
I would like to see a nice Ford Racing one..

Or at least a Mustang one. I have searched but not really been able to find anything for the Apple Watch

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
HHajEyz.png

Quite happy with this one.
Stock apple apps are well known.
Subdial bottom is Waterminder, subdialtop is Obtain and corner slot right top is Cheatsheet.

How do you get the digital time to show up like that? Mine shows up further down. Also may I ask what you are doing to burn 1538 calories?????

YaBhoyB

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2015
How do you get the digital time to show up like that? Mine shows up further down. Also may I ask what you are doing to burn 1538 calories?????
It’s an app titled Obtain. Once you purchase the pro version you can add the date/time.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
applewatchinfographface-800x557.jpg
Can someone tell me how the watch face on the right side was achieved with the few colors instead of the garish amount of colors on the left? I know its an Infograph face but I don't see that as a apple offered face. I see the white circle but I don't know how to get the complications down to one or two colors.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
View attachment 849751
Can someone tell me how the watch face on the right side was achieved with the few colors instead of the garish amount of colors on the left? I know its an Infograph face but I don't see that as a apple offered face. I see the white circle but I don't know how to get the complications down to one or two colors.
All of those complications were carefully selected and have their accents as orange

At least for 7/8 of them they use the Clock app which you know is orange, and then the Sunrise/Sunset one happens to be orange too

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
All of those complications were carefully selected and have their accents as orange

At least for 7/8 of them they use the Clock app which you know is orange, and then the Sunrise/Sunset one happens to be orange too
Thank you so much, I should have seen that. So basically use a bunch of useless complications like four world clock complications to get this effect. I think Apple should work out a better way to do this since it's shown in their material.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
View attachment 849751

I happen to love that watchface, but I only have a S3 watch *sigh*

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
You mean, something like this? (I cheated though, didn't use Photoshop - threw together a Python script from pieces I had laying around, to remove the blue component from every pixel over a certain brightness)
I'm a bit surprised (and touched) that this post, the yellow stars, keeps getting likes, a year later. I just put the image on my Apple Watch (series 0, 42mm), and was irked by the stars behind the numbers in the time (the part you want to parse most quickly when looking at the watch. So, I worked out which stars to remove to get black behind the HH:MM part of the time (on a 42mm screen, with the time at the bottom, on watchOS 4.3.2) - it's not at the very bottom - and blanked them out, yielding the image below. YMMV on other watch sizes or versions of watchOS.
YellowStars cutout.png

And, then I took pity on the removed stars and relocated a couple of them above and to the left of the time:
YellowStars cutout.png

So now it looks like this, in action:
YellowStars screenshot.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ledzepfan1981

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Setting the watch to a custom "Live Photos" album on your phone USED to work pretty well. It's somewhat ok still, but erratic with the AW4, current OS. Raising your wrist may bring up a very brief 2sec animation, sometimes though it just brings up a black screen. I tired this again since it's been a while. The animation is there (video has been sped up) - but the raising of your wrist to find a black screen, that issue is still there as well. Odd.

giphy.gif

google

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
View attachment 849751
I cant get mine to do the white face like the one on the right. Any suggestions how?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.