Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I am adding a recipe directory to this thread:

Most convenient is to link each recipe in the directory to the actual post. The post link icon which are the 3 connected dots in the upper right of a post that looks like an arrow pointing left, this produces a link for the specific post.

But if you look at post 1, in the directiry at the Clam Chowder recipe, I placed a post link on it, on the recipe name, but when I try to use this to navigate directly to the post, Safari and the Duck Duck Go browsers on my iPad produces an error- can’t connect (Duck Duck Go) and this url can’t be displayed (Safari).

Any ideas what the issue is? My plan is to put post links on each recipe in the directory but they are not working.
Thanks

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I'm not exactly sure why that doesn't work properly on mobile, but you can get a working link to any post by copying the link from the post number. So, for your Clam Chowder example, copy the URL of the "#27" at the top right of the post, not the sharing icon next to it.

• Love
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm not exactly sure why that doesn't work properly on mobile, but you can get a working link to any post by copying the link from the post number. So, for your Clam Chowder example, copy the URL of the "#27" at the top right of the post, not the sharing icon next to it.
Thanks I’ll try this and report back.

@WildCowboy this worked, thanks! :D

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Wild guess: iOS browsers (aka Webkit) having issues since it's really some Javascript with CSS stylesheets (per the quick "Inspect Element" I did) making the iOS Share Sheet to come up.

On iOS, if you force press the dots, will get a working Copy.

Attachments

• The (un)official MacRumors Recipe thread  MacRumors Forums.png
    The (un)official MacRumors Recipe thread MacRumors Forums.png
    414.5 KB · Views: 69
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.