Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
This is what I see on my way to lunch:

Attachments

• macroplaza.jpg
    macroplaza.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 92

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
SpaceMagic said:
I read this and felt really bad for you.

If there is nothing to look at and be proud of, leave. Honestly, I couldn't stand living without my fields and fields of green green grass (and sheep :D). And walking past the farmer, and the stables, and having a horse eat my hat... and getting chased by bulls! It's so fun living in the country, but still only 10 minutes from the capital city.
Don't feel bad for me, I'm just being a complainer...
There is something strangely beautiful about the desert landscape, but I would take the green fields of Wales anyday! Oddly enough, though, there are other less tangible things that keep us living in a place, even a place that we don't particularly like. I have a good job here and I have lots of friends and family close by. I guess in the end it's not where you are that matters, but who you are with. There is beauty here, I just have to open my eyes and see it. If I change my mind, however, I may come join you in the Welsh countryside!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Those are beautiful pictures floyde. ;) Would certainly make for a very relaxing walk. Which one shows the area where you work?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I always wondered, why is it that us American's always want to go to Europe so badly? Is it because our country is too new, thus boring, while Europe has such rich history, and so much to explore? Yet it seems the opposite for non-Americans, they all hate us ;) :confused:

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
wdlove said:
Those are beautiful pictures floyde. ;) Would certainly make for a very relaxing walk. Which one shows the area where you work?
Thanks, I like it too :) And yes it is quite relaxing as long as you travel on foot. There's actually a lot of traffic that I didn't want to show you on that area, and it is specially painful to drive through there at lunch time... :(
I work at a newspaper (not shown in the pictures) that's about 6 or 7 blocks away from what I showed you, so I don't always take that walk (usually its when I feel like I should loose a few pounds).
I just wish I had a window with a view of this and I also wish my job wasn't so boring... :eek:

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
kainjow said:
I always wondered, why is it that us American's always want to go to Europe so badly? Is it because our country is too new, thus boring, while Europe has such rich history, and so much to explore? Yet it seems the opposite for non-Americans, they all hate us ;) :confused:

Nah, we don't hate the US or Americans. I really enjoy my occasional trips over there. We do hate your current government though, especially Mr. Bush...

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Ok... I took a couple of snaps with my camera phone this lunchtime – apologies for the picture quality, the camera is almost as poor as the weather, which is almost as poor as my camera work. :D

The first few are ones I took walking through the park near our office – I had a few errands to run that took me past Holy Trinity Church (reckoned to be the largest parish church in England), and I had a leisurely stroll back to work down the river – there's a picture of The Deep (a big aquarium) and the Tidal Surge Barrier. Heading back through the park they had started putting a stage up so it looks like we might be having some live music over the weekend – hopefully the weather will brighten up a bit!

Attachments

• Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Image015.jpg
    Image015.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Image017.jpg
    Image017.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Image018.jpg
    Image018.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 79

abrooks

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
London, UK
Jaffa Cake said:
Ok... I took a couple of snaps with my camera phone this lunchtime – apologies for the picture quality, the camera is almost as poor as the weather, which is almost as poor as my camera work. :D

The first few are ones I took walking through the park near our office – I had a few errands to run that took me past Holy Trinity Church (reckoned to be the largest parish church in England), and I had a leisurely stroll back to work down the river – there's a picture of The Deep (a big aquarium) and the Tidal Surge Barrier. Heading back through the park they had started putting a stage up so it looks like we might be having some live music over the weekend – hopefully the weather will brighten up a bit!

Looking grim in Hull, as always :p

satty

macrumors 6502
Bodiam

witness said:
Almost every lunchtime I go for a walk, so I thought that I would post some pictures of what I see on my walk every day. (My office is in the black building)

If you go for a walk at lunchtime what do you see?

Hi Witness

This is Bodiam Castle... I can't be wrong, it's one of my favourites. I've been there many times, last time two weeks ago. :)

Your work must be outside of "civilisation" then. I can't remeber anything around apart from the Castle Inn, a couple of houses and the steam train.

What are you doing there?

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
satty said:
Hi Witness

This is Bodiam Castle... I can't be wrong, it's one of my favourites. I've been there many times, last time two weeks ago. :)

Your work must be outside of "civilisation" then. I can't remeber anything around apart from the Castle Inn, a couple of houses and the steam train.

What are you doing there?
Absolutely correct, I didn't think that anyone would spot that!

When walking away from the Castle, cross the road, walk past the Castle Inn and there's a lane, follow the lane for 20 minuets and there are my offices.

I work for a company called DAT Group. We mainly design and build systems for mobile device provisioning. Our biggest customers at the moment (that people would know) are probably Nextel and Orange. We recently built a system that doubled the capacity of the Nextel network by reconfiguring every phone over the network. The work is theoretically interesting (sounds good), but in reality it's quite boring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.