Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
FBB1AD76-5D0E-4110-BC87-D896323A6BE2.jpeg

This is Bobby Axelrod. We call him Axe for short. He's a lop ear bunny, who's missing some toes and his ears have been chewed on a little bit but as you can tell he's clearly a trooper.

He's a rescue.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Cassini loves my new amplifier and the heat it puts off.

View attachment 875901
Puma's turn hugging the amplifier.

View attachment 877261

Lovely shots.

I've long been fascinated by the way that cats seek out (and find) the warmest spot in any given location.

One side of our garage roof is angled in such a way that it tilts south, and thus catches much of the mid afternoon sun (when the sun shines).

Invariably, on such days, next-door's cats will find their way to bask on the roof, languidly stretched out, and happily soaking up whatever available sunshine falls on their fur.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Not quite pets but feral kitties or more likely well-fed "multiple owner" rascals... parked comfortably in scrubby trees that edge the commons area of a Long Island community... they habitually wait for some hapless bird to decide to rest there after snacking in some nearby bird feeders. Well their feet stay warmer than if they hung out on the ground!

feral cats in trash trees long island.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
They peek and dart out from under an evergreen. Lulu loses her mind. She thinks she has the upper hand when the temps drop below freezing.
Hm.

I'd almost put my money on a squirrel; they're clever, exceptionally agile, surprisingly friendly (when they think food is a possibility) and have excellent memories.

That animal is quite capable to tapping (to tease) on your glass door, and they love getting a reaction from someone, irrespective of whether it is a human or another animal.

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Hm.

I'd almost put my money on a squirrel; they're clever, exceptionally agile, surprisingly friendly (when they think food is a possibility) and have excellent memories.

That animal is quite capable to tapping (to tease) on your glass door, and they love getting a reaction from someone, irrespective of whether it is a human or another animal.

We had a goldfinch tapping on our window for a whole summer. I have several videos of that thing. Lol.

771EDA72-62E8-4CD6-B243-6B975CBFF351.jpeg
FC4D82E0-9FAC-4ACC-A1DE-03AFB0DF0A8C.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.