Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
DDB26226-215E-468B-982D-DA9ECAB41E58.jpeg
1A7D3563-30C6-408F-8A14-83E07AB0168E.jpeg
C28C27D7-F6CC-4870-954B-3D0CAAEEC500.jpeg
60F64E42-1070-4375-BF50-0D748601FD6C.jpeg
28E21B42-6000-462E-893D-860BBFD1FE57.jpeg

I don’t know if this counts as something you make yourself, but I’ll post it anyways.

I was looking for a good dock that had a single power cord and was able to do all of my items if need be. I didn’t like any of the options I found so I decided to build one instead. I based it around and Anker 5-port USB hub. It has 4 A and 1 C port. As for now it will dock my iPhone and Apple Watch in nightstand position. If need be I can charge my AirPods and iPad Pro if I would like to.

A couple of bags of random white and gray legos and some baseplates and I went to town. I made it portal themed since I already owned the mini figures.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
A "sister sewing weekend" was on the calendar... as usual there was maybe a little more coffee breaking and gossip going on than actual sewing for awhile there. Took a "proof of concept" photo to document that we actually had good intentions and had even got some tools out like rulers, mini ironing board, a sewing machine etc... but we did finally buckle down and get some work done. The other photo is one of the little hotmats I made for someone's dinner table... I'm trying to get a leg up on Christmas gifts earlier this year and not leave so much to Halloween!

"Proof of concept" lol

Getting down to it sometime.jpg

Sunflower trivet

sunflower trivet 2019 May.jpg

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
View attachment 826896 View attachment 826897 View attachment 826898 View attachment 826899 View attachment 826900

I don’t know if this counts as something you make yourself, but I’ll post it anyways.

I was looking for a good dock that had a single power cord and was able to do all of my items if need be. I didn’t like any of the options I found so I decided to build one instead. I based it around and Anker 5-port USB hub. It has 4 A and 1 C port. As for now it will dock my iPhone and Apple Watch in nightstand position. If need be I can charge my AirPods and iPad Pro if I would like to.

A couple of bags of random white and gray legos and some baseplates and I went to town. I made it portal themed since I already owned the mini figures.
way cooler nicer looking then the one I made. but with my fumblness it would not last a day.

TroyIV

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2015
This was my second quilting project. It was a lot of fun to make. I quilted apple logos with white thread, but it's kind of hard to see in the photo. Free motion quilting is fun but not easy!

It's about 80" by 80" with a solid white flannel backing.
Beautiful!

a2jack

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2013
No craft here, just 3 whipped together "Balconeys" for our two crowded cats to sit and view the world. :D BTW, the paint is just for primer. LOL a2

IMG_8325.JPG
IMG_1838.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LizKat and bhtwo

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
This is recent only because it just came back from the long arm quilter. Pieced a scrap quilt for my sister a zillion years ago, finally got it to the quilter near end of last year. My sister picked it up Sunday, Angie did a great job on it, so happy my sister will finally get to use it. Pattern was called "Starry Ladders" or something like that, just all scrappy and fun, with a plain mottled backing that shows off the quilting. Used up a ton of scraps, I know that much. Got enough around to do another one by now, probably.

Perfect for some serious sofa snuggle time, although it was doubtless sized for a twin bed iirc. Anyway another item finally checked off the UnFinishedObject list at this feckless lazydaze studio. Onward! The list is long! Angie already has another one in hand, and there are more in the queue... I lose interest in large works once I get the piecing done, so Angie has become the obvious solution to that problem.

SL_top.jpg

SL_dtl.jpg

SL_backing.jpg

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I made his lego box to hold my tools and spare tubes. I have fun and change the top to different things.
IMG_0589.jpg
IMG_0614.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    588.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Love
Reactions: LizKat

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Made a phone from this today.

Wow! But what does it look like?! I can't imagine putting those together in some fashion inside a little case.

But I was never great at the equivalent of 3D jigsaw puzzles. :confused: I can barely manage to get my fresh produce nestled into confines of a couple bins and a few plastic boxes in my fridge when I come home from the market.

Reactions: AngerDanger

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Wow! But what does it look like?! I can't imagine putting those together in some fashion inside a little case.

But I was never great at the equivalent of 3D jigsaw puzzles. :confused: I can barely manage to get my fresh produce nestled into confines of a couple bins and a few plastic boxes in my fridge when I come home from the market.

It’s an iPhone X. The housing is missing from the picture.

Reactions: LizKat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.