Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamlbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2008
South Yorkshire, UK
Wanted something with a bit more character to it than my usual :)

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 3.51.10 pm.png

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Every Extend Extra - upgraded in Pixelmator with Machine Learning and added a few color adjustments too

Theme is LickelCobalt - Not a NickelCobalt theme at all - it just has a similar name. I could never come close to a style like NickelCobalt which is a theme that's nearly 20 years old.

Talk about me being stuck in the past.

I have a lot of work to do still.

Icons are of course MINIUM2 from Sascha Höhne
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 03.03.15.png

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Nice, the day one is better IMO. Mind sharing that jewelcase widget/app/thingy?
Ha! - Glad you likee.

The Jewel case is an image (png) I applied with Photostickies
The album art is displayed behind with Silicio

Both on the app store.

The glass panes I made with Bryce 3d

Reactions: allan.nyholm

betoalanis

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2022
Mexico
Ha! - Glad you likee.

The Jewel case is an image (png) I applied with Photostickies
The album art is displayed behind with Silicio

Both on the app store.

The glass panes I made with Bryce 3d
wait, so you use 2 apps so the album shows along with the jewelcase? may I suggest you use ubersicht https://tracesof.net/uebersicht/ — you can customize the look of the player and build your own theme and just have the jewelcase image load in one same app.

btw, would you share the jewelcase png so I can try it, please?

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Decided to follow @bhtwo but with Sleeve 2 and a home-made backdrop applied with PhotoStickies

The music controls appears over the album artwork in my edit

Wallpaper called "Tender" is from Sascha Höhne's old website (via some time spent on Wayback Machine)
It has been upscaled and de-banded using Pixelmator Pro.
No theme this time around
Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 20.26.46.png

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
wait, so you use 2 apps so the album shows along with the jewelcase? may I suggest you use ubersicht https://tracesof.net/uebersicht/ — you can customize the look of the player and build your own theme and just have the jewelcase image load in one same app.

btw, would you share the jewelcase png so I can try it, please?
Well, I have other images displaying on the desktop with photostickies.

case.png

Reactions: betoalanis

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Sorry... could not resist.

Yellow is not one of my favourite colours.. Lol!

I have the desktop to rotate them daily but it loses the duo colours on the HEIC files... weird?

Any suggestions?

View attachment 2145561
So, if I understand you correctly, you have several variations of this background picture, all .HEIC files with a light and a dark version. And your rotation uses the light versions only, while skipping the dark versions.
Is this the issue that you're describing in your question?

Reactions: bhtwo

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
So, if I understand you correctly, you have several variations of this background picture, all .HEIC files with a light and a dark version. And your rotation uses the light versions only, while skipping the dark versions.
Is this the issue that you're describing in your question?
That's it exactly

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
That's it exactly
Just thinking out loud here, and I could be completely wrong :confused:

I like to think of these .HEIC files as image files (bundles) with several layers inside them. These layers could hold simple light/dark variants, or one image for each hour of the day (like p.e. the Ventura one).
Apart from the first (the top layer so to speak), all the following layers/images are exclusively triggered by either the chosen System Display Setting or the hour of the day.

In that context, the rotation routine would not be able to grab them from inside the stack of layers, in order to show them separately as a background image at any given time or circumstance.

If you like to see them all, my guess is you have to save them as separate image files - preferably in a dedicated folder inside your User's Pictures folder.

Reactions: bhtwo

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Just thinking out loud here, and I could be completely wrong :confused:

I like to think of these .HEIC files as image files (bundles) with several layers inside them. These layers could hold simple light/dark variants, or one image for each hour of the day (like p.e. the Ventura one).
Apart from the first (the top layer so to speak), all the following layers/images are exclusively triggered by either the chosen System Display Setting or the hour of the day.

In that context, the rotation routine would not be able to grab them from inside the stack of layers, in order to show them separately as a background image at any given time or circumstance.

If you like to see them all, my guess is you have to save them as separate image files - preferably in a dedicated folder inside your User's Pictures folder.
Thanks for that Gerrit - great analysis.

Reactions: GerritV

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Edit.. also, welcome back to the year 2004 apparently. This screenshot looks really weird after seeing many of other users post theirs..

Felt inspired to post a screenshot after working a bit on some icons(only a few seen on the desktop)

Wallpaper is Animal Reign 3 by m4de

cDock is back in a new release for Ventura users too, and as such I was obligated to install and apply one of my old themes. Because why not?! :) cDock 5.1 beta is available on macEnhance Discord or on GitHub
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 00.49.53.png

ciao

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.