Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
After a couple of us slightly derailed the ipad EDC gear thread, I decided to make my own.
This will be a thread to show off all of our EDC gear. Both apple hardware, flashlights, tools, safety gear, cool trinkets, Etc.
Basically everything we carry in our pockets, purses, murses, backpacks, any bag that we regularly carry everywhere we go.

Here is a pic of what mg wife calls, my jewlery box. This is a very small taste of my gear.

Ill follow up tomorrow with a full on bag and pocket dump, with photos and details and of course: open to questions on our gear.

thanks guys , really looking to see how awesome of a thread this can turn into.

Attachments

• 310077EB-A2F6-4314-9F06-6CC3FF96705D.jpeg
    310077EB-A2F6-4314-9F06-6CC3FF96705D.jpeg
    780.6 KB · Views: 1,195

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Thanks for doing this! I'll help get it started...

IMG-1399.jpg

L to R, T to B

Out Every Day

Zebralight SC52 300 Lumen LED Pocket Light
Kershaw Black Blur Serrated Speedsafe Pocket Knife
Zebra F-301 Compact Ballpoint Pocket Pen
Sack of precious crystals and stones from my son through the years
AirPods Pro
EarPods with silicon covers for backup
Samsonite Bi-Fold Leather Wallet
Apple Watch Series 6 44mm
iPhone 13PM Alpine Green with Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case and Glass Screen Protector
Lip Balm
Keys with emergency whistle, Nitecore TIP SE LED rechargeable keychain light, 2 x 64gb USB, Car Fob

IMG-1398.jpg

Out 5 to 6 Days a Week

Rain Poncho
Tissues
Baseus USB C Power Bank, 65W 20000mAh Portable Fast Charger
Anker 735 USB C Charger, (Nano II 65W), PPS 3-Port Fast Compact Foldable Wall Charger
Old iPad 10 Watt Charger
SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 512gb with USB C Adapter
Assorted Cords
M1 iPad Pro 11
Logitech Combo Touch
Apple Pencil 2
Extra Specs with Clip on Sun Glasses
ThruNite TN12 2016 1100 Lumen 18650 Flashlight
Bubba Water Bottle
REI 9 Pocket Medium Sling Bag with more unlisted necessities

Bags

IMG_1849.jpg
IMG_1349.jpg

Lights and Knives

IMG_8421.JPG
IMG_1535.jpg

IMG-4046.jpg
IMG-4049.jpg

EDC Zebra Pens

IMG_8198.jpg
IMG_8201.jpg
IMG_8213.jpg
IMG_8206.jpg

Reactions: Thoradin

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
@bondr006 , I knew you had some good stuff from the other thread… now I feel like even once i so post mine, I’ll come up short. Lol.
got off work too late tonight. Tomorrow is the day tho. Bag dump coming. And maybe some over all shots of the stuff not currently in rotation.

also, good choice on knifes. I’ve carried my red US made blur for over 20 years. I’ve used and abused it, and it’s still my favorite. Considering picking up a green one too.

Last edited:
Reactions: bondr006

teh_hunterer

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2021
3CE67463-BA2F-47EB-806E-664F42D5C170.jpeg

From the iPad one, here's my EDC (for work). Since this photo, I switched to a GaN charger (65w, dual port. Either port can do 65w, but if you plug in two devices, top one gets 45w other one gets 20w), which is more powerful, lighter, and smallter than the dual port 40w one pictured here.

My 14" MacBook Pro tends to stay at work most of the time, so it's not pictured here. I'll take it home if I'm going to be working from home, or if I'm going to be moving to another work site (rare).

If iPadOS and Stage Manager improves, I may be able to use an iPad as my sole work device as I spend most of the time docked to a monitor/mouse/keyboard, and then I could keep the 14" MacBook for when I'm working from home, as I wouldn't want to work from an 11" screen all day.

I've really grown accustomed to having a light bag lately, and so I'm looking for a way to eject the 14" MacBook Pro from the EDC permanently.

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
Another day, another hotel room. And I've finally done my pocket and bag dump. These are the things that come with me every day. always in my pockets whether I'm in a uniform or jeans and a T-shirt. Depending on the day/project, I might also have a laptop case with a Microsoft Surface Go laptop, either my m2 mbp, or 11" mba, and drag along my Epson dot-matrix printer. I also of course have my large The North Face base camp duffle for my clothes for trips. And I have a separate bag for all my PPE (from basic gloves to whole hazmat suits and respirators). I also have a fairly well-stocked medical jump bag, as I'm also an EMT, and provide that care to my company on job sites and projects.

I could get into all of that too, but I wouldn't classify it as EDC, since it's not all everyday stuff. This Maxpidition sling is with me all the time. At work and off duty. I don't carry it into stores and such, it'll stay in the truck. Unless I know I'll need its contents.

The bag dump is obvious. As is the pocket dump (iPhone 12 pro max is usually in there too, but it's taking the pics). The green theme keychain lives on the key hook in the bag. And my chapstick looks terrible because it lives in my pocket with my keys and is fairly old. I'm the only one I know who keeps and uses an entire chapstick without losing it.

So, yeah. I don't travel light. I would pare things down, but all of what I carry, I use on a regular basis. And I generally subscribe to the two is one, one is none philosophy. And finding out you've run out of something, or don't have a spare or extra of something when you're on the side of the road or in the desert, 100 miles from the next sign of life, Isn't fun.
CB8E6C1F-0B77-4DE3-9D50-14DEE81A939C.jpeg
1899945B-4F18-435F-B7BF-14FD5D26B036.jpeg
CBDCFA7A-4183-49E8-B001-2806F9551FEB.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.