Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macy P

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2018
THIS Catty Catty mug is my absolute favourite mug!

It says: Mew Like Nice Things? SCRATCH THAT!

cat-gifts-for-her.png

Anyone who's ever owned a cat will know that cat owners can't have nice things! I have a little kitten who is always scratching on the sofa despite the fact I bought her lots of scratching boards.

It's a bit frustrating as the house is slowly looking more warn but at least the mug makes me smile.

It's now my go-to Christmas gift for cat lovers this year as I gave one to my neighbour for her birthday and she couldn't stop laughing. Plus its unusual - there are so many Cat Lady mugs about, but this is a bit different.

Also gives me a cheeky reminder of the Catty Catty cat every day and her videos are very funny obvs. So is simon's cat but its nice that its a real cat.

One word of warning - I got it on Ebay brand new but that was a bit of a mistake as you can get it from the catty catty website cheaper. My ONLY regret!

I use this mug every single day without fail. I have a Grumpy Cat mug too but this one is my fave.

This is where i SHOULD have got it! https://cattycatty.com/product/gifts-for-cat-lovers/

Attachments

• cat-face-mug-catty-catty.png
    cat-face-mug-catty-catty.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
IMG_4095.jpg

The "apple" looks more like a cracker, or cheese. Then there's that cherry.

From Daiso Japan store in San Diego. They have many more badly-translated/senseless in English mugs, etc.

Reactions: MDF314159265

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
View attachment 837214

The "apple" looks more like a cracker, or cheese. Then there's that cherry.

From Daiso Japan store in San Diego. They have many more badly-translated/senseless in English mugs, etc.

Haha!! I love Daiso stores. Never came across poor translation mugs though. I LIKE it! I only know about the Daiso store in Oceanside/Carlsbad off 78. Is this the same store or is there another? They seem to be a growing chain. First store I found was in Chino Hills.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
I only know about the Daiso store in Oceanside/Carlsbad off 78. Is this the same store or is there another?

There is one in Kearny Mesa. (San Diego neighborhood with a large Asian population.)

For those who don't now, Daiso is a chain of Japanese "100 yen" stores. Similar in some ways to our dollar stores. They have 2,800 stores in Japan, 4000 world-wide. They have about 50 in the U.S. and just recently opened their first east coast store.

They sell mainly small, well-designed, attractive home goods. Most/many items are designed in Japan by Daiso, and manufactured for them in China. This is not stuff that will last you a lifetime, but good enough for now, and all look great.

So, it's not exactly our concept of "dollar store", in that it is not here-today gone-tomorrow discount finds like remainders, expiring food goods, etc. but bespoken designs created by the company themselves. They do sell some food goods and third-party products as well.

Like HomeGoods, if their buyers and management had any taste.

Last edited:
Reactions: MDF314159265

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
And here's the black one, for whatever reason the black one is speckled while the white one is not:

46124288481_2e76b213c2_b.jpg

My very first Starbucks mug ("been there" series) is the one from Seattle. I got it and Pike Place, which, of course they only sell AT Pike Place market Starbucks.

I've collected states I've been to, and ones that have special meaning for me (like places my kids lived while in the military, cool places we've traveled through, etc.). I've limited it to states with the exception of Seattle and Pike Place, since those were where I got hooked on Starbucks mugs (oh and New Orleans because, well, we LOVE NOLA, and it's a super cute mug). I absolutely LOVE the shape/size of them because they have those big, flat bottoms and aren't easily knocked over.

I think I have about 18 total now that I've collected over the last year. I don't have a favorite. I rotate them so I can use a different one (with a different memory) every day. ;-p

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Latest addition from the trip back 'home'. I was really hoping they had another in the 'black' ( Which I normally drink from ) series of mugs with just Hawaii or Honolulu on it. I suppose this makes sense for what people expect from Hawaii though.
47931143536_dd038f2a22_n.jpg

TofSanity

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2010
I have three. The red one is no longer in my possession but I use the other two daily.

Attachments

• 20836EDD-100A-4B97-8A80-33BDB33098BB.jpeg
    20836EDD-100A-4B97-8A80-33BDB33098BB.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 264
  • E7653F9D-BDAE-4102-ACC5-04CAAB3300D4.jpeg
    E7653F9D-BDAE-4102-ACC5-04CAAB3300D4.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 221
  • A9378B5C-59EF-4938-9A9F-5459FC86B1AE.jpeg
    A9378B5C-59EF-4938-9A9F-5459FC86B1AE.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 240

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
I picked this one up from amazon last year when my coffee mug broke. I just looked at wearehappytoserveyou.com but they are all sold out. I'll have to check out moma.org to read what they say about the cup.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Been giving this Mir Camp Cup a try the last few days.
redspeckledproduct.jpg

Bit smaller ( I know, sorry for the picture size, it doesn't seem so small while loading ) 12 oz than what I care for, but man does it keep a cup of coffee warm for hours.

Reactions: alexandr

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Been giving this Mir Camp Cup a try the last few days.
redspeckledproduct.jpg

Bit smaller ( I know, sorry for the picture size, it doesn't seem so small while loading ) 12 oz than what I care for, but man does it keep a cup of coffee warm for hours.

I should give that a try... my library is chilly on mornings in winter when I first get up, so I generally just use an Asian dipping sauce dish to set over my coffee mug. It fits great but the bottom of the dish gets condensation on it, so it's awkward if i haven't brought a plate in with me to set that little dish on while sipping the coffee.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I should give that a try... my library is chilly on mornings in winter when I first get up, so I generally just use an Asian dipping sauce dish to set over my coffee mug. It fits great but the bottom of the dish gets condensation on it, so it's awkward if i haven't brought a plate in with me to set that little dish on while sipping the coffee.
It's this one. I'm guessing the red one doesn't sell well ( I don't know why, I keep thinking of it as my version of a certain red stapler ;) ) which has gone on sale 2X.

https://www.amazon.com/MiiR-Camp-Cu...ffee+cup&qid=1562536646&s=gateway&sr=8-2&th=1

Reactions: LizKat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.