Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amigaman

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Greenville, MI
I finally got my Drop+THX Panda wireless headphones today. The Panda, for those of you that don't know, is a closed back, planar magnetic (55mm) wireless headphone that has a built-in, eerily silent THX AAA-0 amp. I've heard my fair share of Bluetooth headphones before and none of them have ever came close to sounding as good as a wired pair. These are pretty darn close. Plus, they sound even better with the included USB-C to USB-C cable. My only complaint so far is that the ear cups tend to get a little warm over time. They're also a bit on the pricey side at $400. However, they're also worth it if you're in the market for a pair of decent wireless headphones.

drop_thx_panda.jpg

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Tool. That is the name of my number 1 most favorite band.
I ran across your post more or less at random while surfing MacRumors...anyway, you triggered a flashback. During the early 90s, I lived in LA. I hadn't heard of Tool until one day I got a knock on my door. At the time I was blasting PJ Harvey's Rid of Me a lot. When I opened up, this person I only knew as the guy who lived next door was standing there holding a CD. He said, "Hey, if you dig that you need to check out my band's new album. By the way, my name's Paul."

And that's how I got my copy of Undertow.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
My main headphones these days are the Sennheiser HD800S. They sound good. Well, I don't really notice anymore to be honest, because they're all I use. So they just sound 'normal' now.

Reactions: 960design

TheJackal

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
Master & Dynamic MW65, love these, best sound.
Also have B&O H7 H8i B&W P5 Wireless, Sony XM1, XM3, PowerBeats Pro and AirPods Pro
View attachment 1733358

I've had the B&O H9i (2nd gen) which I didn't find to be very comfortable and then ended up switching to the Momentum Wireless 3 which I kind of regret, not from a comfort/sound pont-of-view but based on the annoying Bluetooth problems when using two devices at the same time.

How are these when using more than one bluetooth device at the same time?

maxsquared

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2009
London
I've had the B&O H9i (2nd gen) which I didn't find to be very comfortable and then ended up switching to the Momentum Wireless 3 which I kind of regret, not from a comfort/sound pont-of-view but based on the annoying Bluetooth problems when using two devices at the same time.

How are these when using more than one bluetooth device at the same time?
I don't know how it works really, but whenever I have audio from my computer and start using my phone, then if I watch a video or something on the phone, the audio from the phone blocks out the computer audio.

TheJackal

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
I don't know how it works really, but whenever I have audio from my computer and start using my phone, then if I watch a video or something on the phone, the audio from the phone blocks out the computer audio.

Thanks!

Does it pause the audio or simply drown it out?

Also, what's it like from a comfort point-of-view? My H9i hurt the crown of my head after about 2-3h.

maxsquared

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2009
London
Thanks!

Does it pause the audio or simply drown it out?

Also, what's it like from a comfort point-of-view? My H9i hurt the crown of my head after about 2-3h.

It will pause the audio immediately on one device when you start playing on another.

It feels small, it's just right fit for me, and I have a big head. I also have a H7, compare the MW65 to H7, the band is larger, but the ear cup is a lot smaller. I never have a problem with the H7, so I am not sure if MW65 will cause you uncomfortableness.

Also, depend on how loud you want the audio to be, the MW65 is a lot quieter on bluetooth, and it's just right for me 2 stops from the max, that's equivalent of just over half way volume on the H7. The volume limitation doesn't happen when connected wired.

Amigaman

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Greenville, MI
I had to get rid of the Drop+THX Pandas because they gave me some seriously nasty headaches. I started by replacing them with a pair of Master & Dynamic MW65. The MW65 sounds fantastic and is a great travel headphone, but I wanted something a little bit larger and more comfortable for use here at home. I eventually settled on the Beyerdynamic Amiron Copper.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I got these a few weeks ago. If I didn't have an obsession, I'd be totally happy with these as my only pair of headphones.
View attachment 931762
Koss KPH30i $25-40 btw
What amp/dac stack are you running? Seems quite portable.
I recently tried the Schitt Fulla4 Nov1 Release with the updated internals and it sounded horrible. Could not even get through the test song list, it was so bad. Returned right away.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I had to get rid of the Drop+THX Pandas because they gave me some seriously nasty headaches. I started by replacing them with a pair of Master & Dynamic MW65. The MW65 sounds fantastic and is a great travel headphone, but I wanted something a little bit larger and more comfortable for use here at home. I eventually settled on the Beyerdynamic Amiron Copper.
Wow! How are the BAC working for you? Comfort wise, both audibly and physically?
I'm pretty sure they sound amazing! Just want to know if long listening sessions 'tire out' your ears.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
What amp/dac stack are you running? Seems quite portable.
I recently tried the Schitt Fulla4 Nov1 Release with the updated internals and it sounded horrible. Could not even get through the test song list, it was so bad. Returned right away.
I just use an old LG G8 (has a great DAC) or my iBasso DX 80 DAP when using these.

Amigaman

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Greenville, MI
Wow! How are the BAC working for you? Comfort wise, both audibly and physically?
I'm pretty sure they sound amazing! Just want to know if long listening sessions 'tire out' your ears.
I absolutely love the BAC! They're super comfortable, I can wear them for hours, they don't tire out my ears at all, and finally, they sound better than the Drop+THX Panda. They are well worth the cost. Hope this helps! :)

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Anyone in the UK. The Bose 700's are only £150 at the moment. Never seen them this cheap before.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Picked up the 700's today and they are fantastic but, have a strange question. The box they came in has the "pull tag" to open them on the bottom of the box. All the You Tube videos I've seen show 2 pull tags either side of the box? Can anyone confirm what they got? I'm in the UK. Are the boxes different here than the US? See pic. Thanks
IMG_3608.jpeg
Thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: PinkyMacGodess
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.