Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
This is our new sweet little pup Calvin.

IMG_0849.JPG

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
How does Siri interrupt? Normally you have to invoke it ...
If you touch HomePod's it can give various of strange reactions. Random strange rants from Siri or some other inbuilt noice/music.
It happened now recently too, when I just placed the not corded mini's close to the bigger siblings, I lightly touched the HomePods, and the played some disturbance. They behave like intruders in my home, not something that I have bought and should serve me. My fully oppinion!

Very, very pleased with my new small creatives though!

At least 4-5 times better then the HomePod mini's.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
1712870272076.png

I used to be hugely skeptical of wireless headphones until I decided to get a pair of airpods a year ago. I love them now... still have my DT880s and there are still several use cases where the wireless headphones won't work, but I love the convenience factor.

Soooo I bought both the airpods max and those transparent beats studio buds+. I thought I'd be keeping the studio buds and probably returning the APM. So far the verdict is the opposite lol. The airpods max are nice and comfy. The studio pros make my ears hurt even with the smallest foam inserts. Too bad because they look awesome and sound great (and so do the airpods max!)

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
The airpods max are nice and comfy.

What do you think of their weight? Are they ok for walking outdoors (not running)?

When they came out a lot of people commented along the lines of “good for the lounge or watching TV, unsuitable to walking outdoors”. I don’t see many people with Airpods Max on the streets (I guess there aren’t as many sold as other headphones), but I do see some.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
What do you think of their weight? Are they ok for walking outdoors (not running)?

When they came out a lot of people commented along the lines of “good for the lounge or watching TV, unsuitable to walking outdoors”. I don’t see many people with Airpods Max on the streets (I guess there aren’t as many sold as other headphones), but I do see some.
If you walk with them you'll hear thumping noises from your feet - just like any other closed headphone (beats studio, dt770, etc) or in-ear earbuds (airpods pro, beats studio buds, etc).

I've been using DT880 "Edition" headphones for a long time, so for me the biggest change was wearing "closed back" headphones again - it took me a couple days to get used to the 'air pressure' on my eardrums when I put them on and stuff. The ear cushions on the airpods max are really comfy though - they're so squishy and plush. If I say the airpods max are comfy, I think that speaks volumes because the DT880 Editions are some of the most comfy headphones you can buy. :)

The weight isn't actually even noticeable if I adjust them juuuust right.

There are other things I wish were better. For example, when you pull them out of the case the cans clack against each other. Much to my surprise after spending $500, they do not come with the 3.5mm to lightning cable. They also don't support audio over USB - doesn't surprise me, but I wish they did. Seriously, I had them plugged into my phone today to charge them! (usb-c to lightning cable works with my phone's usb-c connector!) If they had used that for lossless audio it would have been pretty cool.

I will probably try out the 3.5mm cable. I use headphones when playing guitar sometimes. It'd be interesting to see if they have too much latency with it.

Reactions: dotnet

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Nice Samba's! Regarding your wife's shoes: does she walk on her heels a lot?

Thanks. She does I think yes. This is also the fourth pair of these in various colours she now owns. She reckons they are the most comfortable trainers she’s ever had. I’m a bit more old school and love the retro football trainers from adidas. I used to play indoor football in these types of trainers when I was younger and now just enjoy the look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.