Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
It took 3737 days, however we have finally arrived at the 20th iteration of the Post Your Mac Setup!

Here is a list of the previous threads:

Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 2)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 3)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 4)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 5)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Past 6)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 7)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 8)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 9)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 10)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 11)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 12)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 13)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 14)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 15)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 16)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 17)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 18)
Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 19)

Please refrain from quoting images, if you want to see the picture that a post is refering to you can press this button
viewpost.gif

For large images please use [/SIZE][/B] tags rather than plain old [img] tags

In addition to folks not doing so, we realize it'll sometimes occur. If / when that happens, and you notice? Please report it by clicking on this icon: [IMG]http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/buttons/report.gif and include a link to both posts. Thank you.

----------

My how things have changed:

img18177tp.jpg

monitors.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rafaeldm

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
well I posted last week on the part 19, but now I got my new apple keyboard, which I am loving. for the stereo I'm using a old school technics modular amp, connected to a active cheap subwoofer, and creative satellites
IEFRphs.jpg

PR2R0bE.jpg

KojLLSI.jpg

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
my wife and I are currently house hunting, can't wait to find something and setup a home office for both of us.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Here’s my little mess. Main work machine is a Hackintosh hooked up to the 20” (terrible monitor that will be replaced soon) and a 27” monitor. I just recently dug my iMac G4 out of the closet and have began to use it as a clock and a light web browsing machine. Mac mini under the homemade monitor shelf / stand thing is hooked up to the 27” monitor and is going to possibly be repurposed as a in home media server. I desperately need a larger desk.

Edit: I'm also using the Logitech Performance MX mouse and absolutely love it.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,281
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,064

alvse

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Just moved into a new place...

so built me a new home office :D

10646995_10152729737543653_696671985229651508_n.jpg

(there is a mac mini in the cabinet, so I guess it counts for this thread :p)

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
Hey guys,

Here's my setup:

DSC04144_desksetup_090614_03_zpsfbc80845.jpg

I use to have the pc setup as a dual boot hackintosh/windows machine. But, I just grew tired of the BSOD's every time I updated OS X. And then, the one time it BSOD'd, I couldn't figure out, for the life of me, how to fix it. So, I just threw my hands up and said, "Forget this!" I had my 15" Macbook Pro, anyway, if I needed OS X for video/photo editing, albeit, slower. But, workable and not bad. But, soon after that, after working on a video project on my Macbook Pro, I started to get Kernel Panics and soon realized that I was affected with the "TS4088" GPU-related Kernel Panics that these model MBP's are infamous for.

If photos could speak or if I had the will and patience to take a photo of the MBP with the grey screen, I would have because it's closer to what and how this MBP behaves everyday. Kernel effin-panicky-book! But, I digress. At least, the MBP looks pretty, right? (SIGH)

So, I sort of have migrated some programs I rely on the Macbook Pro for to the PC. I bought an affordable NLE program by Sony called Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13. Although, it isn't FCP X, it's not bad. And I just use GIMP now for my photo-editing needs. I still haven't found a replacement for Motion 5, but, I don't think I need to. I don't think I will need to learn or acquire these skills, anyway. So, in the future, I don't know if I will ever buy a Macbook Pro, again. I bought it and have always used Apple because I wanted to be a Video Editor. But, that Video Editor dream was a disillusion. Just like my Mid-2010 Macbook Pro. It's funny how that dream and the machine that I got to achieve that dream, basically, put me back to earth. So, thanks Apple for waking me up!

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

TheBeastman13

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2012
Just got my set-up situated for the coming months. I've been moving my laptop around, using it on my bed and what not. Just was not practical to efficiently edit laying down, so I cleaned up my desk and now this is my layout for my videography work and dabbling in Ps CS5.5.

Top to bottom, left to right:

1)Seagate GoFlex 1TB desktop HDD
2)GearHead USB hub/card reader
3)'08 MacBook 4,1 C2D 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM Snow Leopard
4) AKG Q701 Open-backed reference headphones
5)Apple wired keyboard with numerical pad
6) Logitech Performance MX mouse(just came in today)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 1,927
Last edited:

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
Here's a picture of my set up at my new desk. I took this right after I set it up and it's not final, and I plan to replace the monitor within the next couple of weeks.
9e97X8c.png

Here you can see the cable management that I did by stashing everything underneath the desk.
ZtSx4le.png

And here is a shot of the laptop stand that I built out of Lego.
7RHqwjT.png

Last edited:

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Ow4mi5S.jpg

I got a new keyboard :D

Now I know it's Macrumors, but I was really proud of the picture I took of my desk just before that! It's one of my favorite low light pictures that I've taken so far.

iqumJ1p.jpg

Oh yes, and the keyboard has ridiculous amounts of customization available - you can program every key to be a separate color, or groups of keys, and make the keyboard react to pushing keys by changing colors or whatever. Here's a GIF of the insanity I've come up with so far:
http://gifs.giflit.com/gifs/EF8C359F-CC22-4A89-8BE9-25779C6989CC.gif

Typing on this thing is different though, while the keys have a lot of travel they activate without much effort.

sherlockaled

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Berkeley, CA, USA

I got a new keyboard :D

Now I know it's Macrumors, but I was really proud of the picture I took of my desk just before that! It's one of my favorite low light pictures that I've taken so far.

Oh yes, and the keyboard has ridiculous amounts of customization available - you can program every key to be a separate color, or groups of keys, and make the keyboard react to pushing keys by changing colors or whatever. Here's a GIF of the insanity I've come up with so far:
http://gifs.giflit.com/gifs/EF8C359F-CC22-4A89-8BE9-25779C6989CC.gif

Typing on this thing is different though, while the keys have a lot of travel they activate without much effort.

Hi May I ask what keyboard is it? Thank you :)

joemcooke

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Rotherham, England
1st pic is my Macbook Air setup as of now (comes with me around the house, so no permanent location) - ripping Blu Rays for my iTunes collection

Last 2 pics of my Powermac G5 as my iTunes Server

Attachments

• IMG_7332.jpeg
    IMG_7332.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,785
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,734
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,759
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.