Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImmanuelKant

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2018
My first PC build, and first time using Windows in over 10 years. I wanted something for gaming. I still hate Windows...

AMD Ryzen 5, 3600
RTX 2070 Super
16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Alienware 34" 1440p monitor
Awesome setup.
What mousemat and aquarium is that?

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Update on my current rig <--- Specs if interested

My previous builds >link< where mostly custom water cool builds. I could easily spend well over $1000 on water cooling components and parts alone... so I decided to go AIO and RGB fans for my current rig.

However... I'm not used to temps on my EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra... mid 40c's idle... and while playing games like CP2077, it's in the 70's breaking 80's at times. Temps are probably still okay... but if I could lower it... I'll have peace of mind, and more headroom to OC. I didn't want to do another expensive custom water cool loop... so I found that EVGA sold a Hybrid Liquid cool kit for my RTX 3090. At $119.. it's worth a try... and I retain my warranty. Here it is installed... radiator is mounted in front panel:

3090hb.jpg

Now my idle temps are at mid 20c's, and playing CP2077... it's in the 50's. I haven't seen it break 60c's but it's gets close. Pretty happy with this add on mod... and the price doesn't break my wallet... :)

kamikazeeMC

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
IMG_3482.jpg

Back in the game after going iPad only from May-Nov last year, M1 Air for a little then finally back to a desktop recently!

Specs
Cooler Master NR200
Ryzen 5800X
Sapphire Nitro 6900XT
Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz 32GB
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 512GB
Corsair SF750
Noctua NH-U12A
Noctua NF-S12A x2

Glorious Model O Wireless
Glorious compact with Gateron blacks and Aura caps
Q Acoustics BT3
AKG K712 Pro
Schiit Magni 3
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Gen 3
Rode Procaster with Fethead
Acer X34P

Last edited:

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
View attachment 1742165

Back in the game after going iPad only from May-Nov last year, M1 Air for a little then finally back to a desktop recently!

Specs
Cooler Master NR200
Ryzen 5800X
Sapphire Nitro 6900XT
Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz 32GB
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 512GB
Corsair SF750
Noctua NH-U12A
Noctua NF-S12A x2

Glorious Model O Wireless
Glorious compact with Gateron blacks and Aura caps
Q Acoustics BT3
AKG K712 Pro
Schiit Magni 3
Focusrite Scarlett Solo Gen 3
Rode Procaster with Fethead
Acer X34P
Your rig is a beast... sweet setup! Looks like you are one of the lucky ones to get a current GPU these days...and a very nice AIB model too. Hope you paid msrp... it's been crazy out there.

How are you liking Glorious keyboard and mouse? I do more photography/content creation editing than gaming so I picked up the Model D... and surprise how light and smooth this brand is for the price. I am pretty old school on keyboards... hard to break away from Cherry MX switches... so I picked up Drop CTRL RGB Mechanical TKL Keyboard blue switches... which I'm used to. Plus I didn't want to research all the different brand switches. Too many different choices today... lol...

Reactions: kamikazeeMC

kamikazeeMC

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Your rig is a beast... sweet setup!
Thanks! I was actually planning on waiting for an EVGA 3080, but one morning checking my local store for stock, there was 1 6900XT so impulse bought it. I don't even know what our RRP was for it and it's probably better I don't. I was happy to pay for it at the time, that's all that matters ha..

I also do some creative work, I wanted the 3080 for CUDA when rendering in 3ds Max, but changed my render engine to Radeon Pro Renderer, so all good there. Also do a little photo/video editing, the 5800X should be enough there for me (Adobe is still more CPU bound than GPU?).

I had the wired Model O when it first released and was really happy with it, so picked up the wireless one. I have always cable tied the cable so it doesn't snag, but after giving wireless another try with a Razer Mamba Wireless before, I couldn't tell a difference and no cable weight it great when you use a low sensitivity. Had some issues with the firmware not updating, but after a new version release it's all good now, no actual problems when using the mouse. I was using a wired Logitech G Pro while waiting for the Model O wireless, 85g compared to the 67g of the wired O felt so heavy haha.

Wanted a 60% for a while, really happy with this too. Gone through a few Cherry switches, red, black, blue, brown and clear. Black and clear my favorite, wanted to go back to a linear switch and thought I'd give the Gateron blacks a try, smoother to press than the Cherry version.

Reactions: erayser

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Thanks! I was actually planning on waiting for an EVGA 3080, but one morning checking my local store for stock, there was 1 6900XT so impulse bought it. I don't even know what our RRP was for it and it's probably better I don't. I was happy to pay for it at the time, that's all that matters ha..

I also do some creative work, I wanted the 3080 for CUDA when rendering in 3ds Max, but changed my render engine to Radeon Pro Renderer, so all good there. Also do a little photo/video editing, the 5800X should be enough there for me (Adobe is still more CPU bound than GPU?).

I had the wired Model O when it first released and was really happy with it, so picked up the wireless one. I have always cable tied the cable so it doesn't snag, but after giving wireless another try with a Razer Mamba Wireless before, I couldn't tell a difference and no cable weight it great when you use a low sensitivity. Had some issues with the firmware not updating, but after a new version release it's all good now, no actual problems when using the mouse. I was using a wired Logitech G Pro while waiting for the Model O wireless, 85g compared to the 67g of the wired O felt so heavy haha.

Wanted a 60% for a while, really happy with this too. Gone through a few Cherry switches, red, black, blue, brown and clear. Black and clear my favorite, wanted to go back to a linear switch and thought I'd give the Gateron blacks a try, smoother to press than the Cherry version.
I hear you... The current GPU market is buy what you can get. My 1st choice was an EVGA RTX 3080 (any model), but Micro Center only received EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA the day I went. I didn't care about the price, I just grabbed it while I had the chance.

I forgot to add pics of my peripherals. For editing, I rarely use the Loupedeck... but it is pretty cool to use in LightRoom. I do most of my editing in Phothoshop, so I use the Wacom tablet more. If I were proficient enough with it in Windows, I would consider using it over my mouse... but I still need the mouse for gaming. After editing, I just slide the Loupedeck and wacom tablet in that little slot area in the desk.

I don't mind the paracord Glorious used on the mouse... it's so light... i don't notice it. Maybe someday I'll pick up a wireless. But that's not important these days.. it's all about the RGB... makes you a better gamer, and increases FPS... hahaha....

periph21.jpg

Reactions: kamikazeeMC

kamikazeeMC

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
But that's not important these days.. it's all about the RGB...
I think a Nanoleaf kit will be the next purchase haha..

I'm biased to EVGA when going Nvidia and Sapphire with AMD. There was a 3090 FTW3 Ultra for sale a week or so before I got the 6900. At the time I was really set on a 3080 FTW3 Ultra, didn't feel like the 3090 was worth over double the price and the 6900 was much closer in price to the 3080.

I was thinking of getting a mini ~10 key macro board for design programs. Seen a few videos on the Loupdeck, but I don't use light room enough. I would like to get into photography more to justify a new system. Prob start making use of my iPad to make textures for 3D.

Yeah I found the cable of the O very light, never had a Paracord before. Going wireless was still a noticeable difference to me.

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
My WFH setup. Nothing special,

Lenovo ThinkPad L380
Lenovo USB-C Docking Station
Quad Core Intel Core i5-8250U, 8 threads
16GB RAM
256GB SSD
2x 21.5" Lenovo C22-25 1920x1080 monitors
Jabra headset
Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Natura Keyboard and Ergonomic Mouse
IKEA desk
IKEA Lamp
Generic Amazon multi monitor arm
Generic glass monitor riser

197112512_955448448576011_9038232145781753294_n.jpg

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
We got our flooring done... so I took the opportunity to buy a new desk. I hated my previous office/gaming desk setup... so I went with a standing desk setup... and I love it.

Standing position:
deskstand.jpg

Low position:
desksit.jpg

Perfect height for my IKEA Poang chair with 4" casters:
desksitchair.jpg

Why did I put wheels on my IKEA Poang chair and use as an office/gaming chair? If you look at the bottom and back of the chair, I have 2 Aura Sound bass shakers mounted on this chair. If you ever watched movies, listen to music, or game with this chair setup... you would understand. Feeling that bass with headphones is amazing, and I don't bother anyone in the house. I think the Poang chair is perfect for bass shakers, because the design of the chair is like it's isolated from the ground. The bass hits hard with this chair.

Specs of my rig is here:

Dex762

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
Aussie
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X with Wraith Prism RGB Cooler
Memory: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8G NITRO+ OC
Hard Drive: 2X 500GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO (for windows)
Hard Drive: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD (for gaming)
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D (ATX)
PSU: Corsair RM 850i
Optical Drive: ASUS DVD/CD rom
Optical Drive: Pioneer Blu-Ray Drive

Peripherals
Monitor: Viewsonic 32in WQHD Curved Monitor
Mouse: Corsair Dark Core (wired/wireless)
Keyboard: Corsair K55
Speakers: N/A (will get new speaker later)
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 195
Modem: TP-Link Archer VR900

Operating Systems
Computer: Windows 11 Professional (64 Bits)

17D40F1E-EA41-4B10-9061-79437581467C.jpeg

F55CF8DA-2F05-4E6F-BA7B-6841AF236369.jpeg

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
HP ZBook G3, Dell Latitude 7390, Lenovo ThinkPad T440p; got a few towers, but I'll probably not run the client Windows on them (but rather either ESXi 6.7/7.0 or Hyper-V Server 2019).

Would like to get a either a Dell Latitude 5411, a Dell Precision 3500 series laptop, or a Surface Book 3/Laptop Studio. Unsure on the desktop PC front. Graphics cards are still out of reach. I might get a 2020 27" iMac and then just hope that Apple and Microsoft get it together to support Windows 11 via Boot Camp and have that suffice for that.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.