Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foley7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
I purchased a used Powerbeats Pro True Wireless Headphones from a reputable vendor on eBay. Everything checks out that they are legit. I verified the Serial Number with apple through chat last night. The box and wireless charging case have legit SN. However the left and right earpieces each have a different SN from the case and from each other. Apple claims that the serial number on the case is the only SN they track. Can someone who bought these new from Apple, Bestbuy, etc see if all 4 of the SN on the product match? I scoured the web and most say that their SN do not match but i was hoping to get confirmation here. I'm trying to determine if they are counterfeit.

Nhomer24

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2019
Pic of mine from the Apple store.

Attachments

• F81E4FBC-7A6A-455C-8C16-7F272E70ACE5.jpeg
    F81E4FBC-7A6A-455C-8C16-7F272E70ACE5.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 1,625

foley7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
It’s actually located inside of the top
lid. Toward the front

giantsteps

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2020
I have a similar question. I just updated my PowerBeats Pro firmware for the pair I purchased on eBay in September, but when I went to register the serial number I couldn't find on the case or on the right earpiece. When I went to Settings>General>About><Name of PowerBeats Pro>, it lists the manufacturer, model number, firmware version and hardware version the same as my wife's PBP purchased last month but the serial number is listed as 1 instead of a 12-digit SN. Why is that? Did I purchase really good fakes?

TunTun159

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2020
I have a similar question. I just updated my PowerBeats Pro firmware for the pair I purchased on eBay in September, but when I went to register the serial number I couldn't find on the case or on the right earpiece. When I went to Settings>General>About><Name of PowerBeats Pro>, it lists the manufacturer, model number, firmware version and hardware version the same as my wife's PBP purchased last month but the serial number is listed as 1 instead of a 12-digit SN. Why is that? Did I purchase really good fakes?
yeah I got same question like you. Any answer ???

akil316

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2013
Not sure about the power beats pro but on my galaxy buds+ and bud lives, left, right, and case each have their own serial numbers

giantsteps

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2020
yeah I got same question like you. Any answer ???
Nope. Also case has no serial number (it's listed as a "?"), but the headphones do not seem to be fakes. They match my wife's PBP that I bought from Apple in every single way. Are these some sort of pre-sale model that got into the eBay system for sale?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.