Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
dear fellow folder,

I always wanted to have a PPD graph which also include hardware information and allowing comparison between.

Finally I have a version I'm happy with (still bumpy) and willing to share: http://ppd.fahmm.net

BUT: I need more data.

Would you guys be willing to share some/many of your folding log files with me; using the write-only Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/5rabRYbsGm2jmOq0xDoB

Yes, with your log files ou share your donor name, team, hardware and performance with me; your passkey is safe as not visible part of the logfile. Your data will allow me to produce graphs like this:

IMG_0038.jpg

If you think: hey, that's cool ... them please share your data with me. Not only high performance cards like 1070/980Ti; but also slower GPU and any CPU is welcome too.

Thanks in advance for your support !

Reactions: twoodcc

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I won't be able to add anything to this until probably Tuesday. Out of town for the weekend. But yeah I'd be glad to contribute.

rwh202

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2010
UK
Looks good. Yeah, I can post some folding logs.
Any chance you can make use of HFM logs too? An export from there is a lot easier and includes 15 rigs in one go? I might just need to manually label the hardware running on each slot.
Also, thinking about it, you might need to be careful when using logs from mixed GPU rigs - the client normally swaps the names around - you might find a gt 730 doing 350k ppd and a 1060 doing 12k !

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Thanks guys, it all depend on data ... would be glad if you could use the Dropbox link.

Any chance you can make use of HFM logs too? An export from there is a lot easier and includes 15 rigs in one go? I might just need to manually label the hardware running on each slot.
Also, thinking about it, you might need to be careful when using logs from mixed GPU rigs - the client normally swaps the names around - you might find a gt 730 doing 350k ppd and a 1060 doing 12k !
Can you share me a HFM log file, I never used that tool ...no idea what's in, but assume it should be easy to incorporate.

As for messed-up hardware ... not much I can do ... except some plausibility checks with help from avg() and stdev(). Similar issue I have with overclocking (e.g CPU say it 4.2ghz but run on 4.7; have such case).

But still it gives some idea.

rwh202

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2010
UK
Thanks guys, it all depend on data ... would be glad if you could use the Dropbox link.

Can you share me a HFM log file, I never used that tool ...no idea what's in, but assume it should be easy to incorporate.

As for messed-up hardware ... not much I can do ... except some plausibility checks with help from avg() and stdev(). Similar issue I have with overclocking (e.g CPU say it 4.2ghz but run on 4.7; have such case).

But still it gives some idea.
Cool. 83 MB of logs from the 4 machines within arms length are uploading now. I'll try and send over a HFM log later.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
On windows e,.g. CWD: C:/Users/<user->/AppData/Roaming/FAHClient
On Linux /var/lib/fahclient

Mac not sure ...

If you run FAHControl you can see the working directory in the header; of interesst Ian the file log.txt and the cot the of folde logs

Thanks for sending m

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.