Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toples50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
Hi guys I'm looking for Mac OS 10.13 and 10.14 GM(especially this version) versions to create usb flash boot drives.Both in my flashes get the message "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

Has someone got the whole 10.14 version to make a boot disk?
Another problem is that I have only a MacBook air 2010 and a MacBook 2008 as my machines except 5,1 Mac Pro.(which has nothing OS right now)

madmin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
"This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

I think this is the message you get because the certificate that was used to sign the package expired recently.

I've heard that you can download them again, re-signed with a new cert, directly from Apple. You should be able to find them easily enough if I'm remembering this correctly.

toples50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
Yes but I can't create a bootable flash disk anymore.Unfortunately I have only a MacBook Air 2010 and a MacBook 2008 which does not support latest OS.
And when I tried to download from Apple the file is only 25MB not the entire file of operating system...

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
First remove any Mac OS installers in your Applications folder

This is the link to the full 10.14.6 ( build 18G103 ) installer = 6.5gb.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?ls=1&mt=12

You will see a "GET" button in the top right of the App Store window . . .HIT IT ..

if a pop up says " Can't find .. etc. " keep hitting it .. sometimes the Apple servers are busy.

IMPORTANT : before installing copy the installer to a spare external drive for future installs.

BigBoy2018

Suspended
Oct 23, 2018
When I try the link above (I have before and still do) I get a message that 'this version of MacOS is damaged and cannot be used'. As such, it doesn't allow me to download it.

THIS IS USING THE LINK ABOVE, AS WELL AS GOING DIRECTLY TO THE APPLE PAGE THAT ALSO HAS THE LINK.

This is STILL happening as of this morning "this version of MacOS is damaged ...". So those who claim Apple has updated the link to make it working or updated the certificate or whatever, doesn't seem to have done due diligence and checked themselves, otherwise they would see this message too.

The only way to download it currently, AFAIK, is to use a torrent. I could post a torrent file for 10.14.6 (build 103) but does anyone know if that's against the rules? I read the forum rules and see nothing about posting links for torrents.

Keep in mind, once you download the torrent version of 10.14.6, the certificate will be expired so just for the install, you'll need to set your system clock back about a year. After that, the installation works just fine and you can bring your clock back to current time.

@MIKX @NoBoMac

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
The only way to download it currently, AFAIK, is to use a torrent. I could post a torrent file for 10.14.6 (build 103) but does anyone know if that's against the rules? I read the forum rules and see nothing about posting links for torrents.

Yes... that would violate this rule.

Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

Reactions: annk

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
toples50 & BigBoy2018

First, do you think that us not knowing which Macs you have, which current Mac OS is installed, which GPU is in use, which BOOTROM your Mac is at etc. .. all this .. is irrelevant information ?

How about both of you making a SIGNATURE in your Macrumors member profile - we can't read your minds.

As an example, my SIGNATURE is at the bottom of this post.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
Hi guys I'm looking for Mac OS 10.13 and 10.14 GM(especially this version) versions to create usb flash boot drives.Both in my flashes get the message "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

Has someone got the whole 10.14 version to make a boot disk?
Another problem is that I have only a MacBook air 2010 and a MacBook 2008 as my machines except 5,1 Mac Pro.(which has nothing OS right now)
The Apple App Store will not let you download High Sierra or Mojave on the MacBook 2008 because those versions of macOS do not support the 2008. The MacBook Air 2010 should be able to download High Sierra (if the Air is running Mountain Lion, 10.8 or newer), but not Mojave (Mojave requires a 2012 MacBook Air).

You can still use a USB installer with a older version of macOS for High Sierra or Mojave by changing the date to before October 24, 2019. See @prometeus post Step 1 on Post #4:
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...tificate.2210099/?post=28000207#post-28000207

Last edited:
Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.