Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hi,

I have a problem with wirelessly charging my AirPods 2. The story: Placed them with <50% charge on my Grovemade wireless charging pad. Came back a few hours later, lifted them up and put them back down to make sure there is the green light (which also was there), checked battery status using my iPhone and they had 53% ? Put them back down on the charger and now there’s the orange charging light.

So now I’m wondering whether that’s an issue with my AirPods or my charger. But since my AirPods showed a green light at first even though they were not nearly full makes me think it’s an issue with the AirPods. Anyone else has this issue?

Best wishes
Chris

Edit: They charged fine on the second try.

Last edited:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Hi,

I have a problem with wirelessly charging my AirPods 2. The story: Placed them with
So now I’m wondering whether that’s an issue with my AirPods or my charger. But since my AirPods showed a green light at first even though they were not nearly full makes me think it’s an issue with the AirPods. Anyone else has this issue?

Best wishes
Chris

Edit: They charged fine on the second try.

Mine charged at a rate of about 25-30% each hour. Typically not an issue if I just leave it charging overnight.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I like the idea of wireless charging but, am concerNed the heat generated while charging will degrade my devises batteries over time quicker than charging with a cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.