Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tanel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
I have a problem with Safari history sync after I installed (clean install) iOS 9. The history does not sync between my devices. That includes my iPhone 6 running iOS 9 and my MacBook Pro and iPad which are running Yosemite (10.10.4 public beta) and iOS 8.3 respectively. There are no problems with handover, open tabs and reading list.

For fix I have tried logging out and back in from iCloud on devices.

I am just curious if anybody else experiences this as well.

tanel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Does the sync work fine for the rest of you? It would be good to know if anybody else is experiencing this.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
I have a problem with Safari history sync after I installed (clean install) iOS 9. The history does not sync between my devices. That includes my iPhone 6 running iOS 9 and my MacBook Pro and iPad which are running Yosemite (10.10.4 public beta) and iOS 8.3 respectively. There are no problems with handover, open tabs and reading list.

For fix I have tried logging out and back in from iCloud on devices.

I am just curious if anybody else experiences this as well.
Did you ever resolve this? I have had exactly the same problem for months, across multiple reinstalls of OS X and iOS...

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
I've had this problem for months (on the latest released OS X and iOS versions, not new betas). I have actually had a support ticket with Apple going since early June, but no resolution yet.

All Safari features sync properly (bookmarks, keychain, reading lists) except history. Further, other iCloud services sync properly (contacts, calendar, photos, etc.). History is the 1 and only issue and it affects all of my 3 devices (rMBP, iMac, and iPhone).

To this point, I have tried everything that has been suggested (signed out, updated OSes, reinstalled iOS from scratch, etc.) with no success. The only thing I have not tried, and will not bother trying as it is not worth the trouble, is creating a new iCloud account.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
I've had this problem for months (on the latest released OS X and iOS versions, not new betas). I have actually had a support ticket with Apple going since early June, but no resolution yet.

All Safari features sync properly (bookmarks, keychain, reading lists) except history. Further, other iCloud services sync properly (contacts, calendar, photos, etc.). History is the 1 and only issue and it affects all of my 3 devices (rMBP, iMac, and iPhone).

To this point, I have tried everything that has been suggested (signed out, updated OSes, reinstalled iOS from scratch, etc.) with no success. The only thing I have not tried, and will not bother trying as it is not worth the trouble, is creating a new iCloud account.
Same here. Doesn't seem to affect enough people to get any traction, though...

tanel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Did you ever resolve this? I have had exactly the same problem for months, across multiple reinstalls of OS X and iOS...
I got it working between my iPhone and mac. No syncing between iPad and other devices.

tanel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
I am not quite sure what I did. Must have been the clean install when beta 2 came out. But as I mentioned earlier my iPad mini is still not syncing.

netsped

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Is it supposed to sync? History has never synced between my devices and I think that's a good thing.

Open tabs do sync and handoff works though and that's enough for me.

tanel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
update:
After DFU restore (did not use backup) ipad's history now syncs to iphone and mac. Mac's and iphone's hisory does not appear on ipad.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
update:
After DFU restore (did not use backup) ipad's history now syncs to iphone and mac. Mac's and iphone's hisory does not appear on ipad.

My strong suspicion is that this issue is iCloud account based and not hardware based.

Jodiuh

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
I COME FROM THE FUTURE!!!

Same problem here. I KNOW it was syncing in the past. I have enabled the debug menu in Safari and there exists an option to "sync iCloud history" but it doesn't seem to work. :(

https://imgur.com/a/DhLjM

Siebastjan

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Going through the same issue here! Was wondering if anyone has found any solution? I've opened a case with Apple support and they are constantly trying to figure out what is wrong without any luck unfortunately. I have tried absolutely everything. It seems almost as if my iCloud account is corrupt in some way that it inhibits the history to sync between all my devices? I have tried logging into another iCloud account on my devices and the Safari history syncs seamlessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.