Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hey All,

Some of us put a lot of research into the products we purchase. New Scanners, Printers, Accessories, Monitors, etc...

It's a shame for that knowledge to go to waste. Here's a chance to share your acquired knowledge to your fellow MacRumors readers.

A few rules:

1) Post Descriptive Titles. Product Name and Model Number.

2) Search to see if your specific product has already bee posted. If so, add your notes to that thread.

3) Note, this is for product recommendations. For now, please do not post products you are unhappy with. Only ones you are pleased with and would recommend to others.

How it works:

Include the following information:

- Product Name Model Number
- Any links to reviews you found helpful?
- What features/needs were you personally looking to fill? What features were important/not important to you
- What other products did you consider?
- How do you like your purchase, what would you differently.

Click: Example Thread

And try to check your thread for the next week or so, so you may answer people's questions on that particular product.

That's it.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Fantastic idea arn - this could become a very big part of the site.....I'll move one of my threads I started about a harddrive upgrade for my PowerBook...;)

D

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
yeah... I kinda wish I had written down stuff before...

Right after I research a product to buy - I'm an expert in that particular topic... :) I figured other people would be the same way.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.