Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Snagged myself a deal on a PS Vita Borderlands 2 bundle, along with an extra 16 GB memory card. I'm looking for a case and some other ideas for games for this thing. I played the kiosk demo of Gravity Rush and quite enjoyed it so I'll definitely pick that up. Otherwise, I'm most interested in FPS, puzzle, and action titles. No strategy or RPGs (Japanese and otherwise).

Suggestions are appreciated.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I love the Vita! Ok so!

That 16gb is going to fill up rapidly. I had a 16gb since around launch and recently went all in and bought a 64gb card.

As for cases, there are some official "hard" cases that I swear by. They're heavy but it means more protection. Given how delicate the analogue sticks are I'd suggest that over a soft case.

As for games my favourites have been;
Luftrausers - Simple, enjoyable "space" shooter (but isn't in space).
Duke Nukem 3D - Port of the original with loads of expansion packs included.
Persona 4 - Huge JRPG, don't normally like these games but there's a dungeon exploring side to it that I really like.
Street Fighter X Tekken - basically a Street Fighter game but with loads more fighters.
Geometry Wars - a pretty good take on the modern classic, the new modes are a bit too much but there is a Classic mode buried in there.
Zen Pinball 2 - DLC is cross compatible with the PS3 so if you already own that you can play the same tables on the go.
Motorstorm RC - simple launch title remote control car game, reminds me loads of Micro Machines. Very playable, loads of content, easy to waste hours in.
(I'll come back to this)

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know Duke 3D was available for this system, and I will definitely pick that up, along with Motorstorm RC. I've tried the Persona games, and as much as I like the aesthetics, I just could not get into the gameplay.

The Borderlands 2 bundle included an 8 GB card, and Gamestop of all places is selling 16 GB cards for $20, so I'm going to run out there and pick up another one. As far as cases go, it seems like the Best Buy in-house branded Insignia/Rocketfish armor case gets really high marks and is not super expensive.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Check out Thomas Was Alone. It's a witty, well-narrated game that revolves around personified/self-aware artificial intelligence routines as the main characters. You control Thomas and his allies throughout each level, with the aim to escape the mainframe. It's a fun story and unique experience.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
any Vita fans still out there?

Arise oh thread!!!

I guess so.

All I know of the Vita is that at the used Game stores they have A TON of them and they sell for $150-$160 each plus you gotta buy that expensive little memory card which is still a lot of money even "used".

I guess people are bringing them back while they're still worth something...

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Arise oh thread!!!

I guess so.

All I know of the Vita is that at the used Game stores they have A TON of them and they sell for $150-$160 each plus you gotta buy that expensive little memory card which is still a lot of money even "used".

I guess people are bringing them back while they're still worth something...

Got a phat OLED model and three solid 1st party games for $170 shipped, i think i did pretty well :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.