Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
Yeah, you might just see the option for 7 day free trial in the iPhone Apple TV app. I went to the web page and signed in to activate the 1 year offer then signed-out of the Apple TV app on the phone, exited the app then opened and signed-in again on the phone.
All working as expected now.

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Yeah, you might just see the option for 7 day free trial in the iPhone Apple TV app. I went to the web page and signed in to activate the 1 year offer then signed-out of the Apple TV app on the phone, exited the app then opened and signed-in again on the phone.
All working as expected now.

This also worked for me, thanks!

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I know it’s only 7 days, but does the 1 year start today automatically? Or can we do 7 days free then start the year? I’m assuming we activate the 1 year whenever we want?

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I bought a new Apple TV 4k in Sept. Anyone know how you get the year ATV+?

Worked for me, just signing in on the web page. Year free with ATV 4k purchase was there automatically!! Working great now!!

Last edited:

Jip

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2019
Nothing works. I bought a MacBook Pro on September 21 and I don't get a year free. When I log in on the web address they still say I can get a 7 day trial only.

Smartwatchlover

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
Rome
Got it now through activation via web site, as suggested.

The amount of audio languages available is just incredible.

It won’t take long to Apple to reach a solid customer base worldwide.

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
Got it now through activation via web site, as suggested.

The amount of audio languages available is just incredible.

It won’t take long to Apple to reach a solid customer base worldwide.
exactly- all they need is 1-2 water cooler type shows and also a single Emmy nomination and they will be in business - hell - I subscribe to CBS all Access for 1 show (ST Discovery) - at $5 bucks a month I am certain you will find at least 1 Apple show to watch.

MVPinFLA

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Boynton Beach, FL
I was able to activate the free year on my iMac. It works now on my Pro Max and old non-4K Apple TV box; bur not on my new Samsung QLED with Apple TV+. I need to use it for 4K.

Never mind. Apparently, I had never signed onto the ATV+. Working great now.

Last edited:

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Would be interesting to know if you bought a new iPad (I did) but not at the apple store, but @ BestBuy
Logging in doesn't give me any free year and for what is worth it, so far, not crying about that..
I found that I'm out of "luck" because it was August..;)

Last edited:

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Okay so I inadvertently signed myself up for the one week trial with the option to renew at a cost. I just called Apple tech support and the guy couldn’t help resolve it. He tried to get a hold of someone on the iTunes team but they were closed so he’s arranged a call back for tomorrow. I hope they can help me resolve it tomorrow.

Reactions: ukbootlegs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.