Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Every Friday evening, what seems like every iTunes purchased movie I’ve ever made in the last few years as well as imports from Movies Anywhere gets added to my Up Next list. This happens around the same time new The Mandalorian episodes get added.

I clear the play history and they come back again. I clear it again and they stay gone until next week when they come back.

Sometimes other things I’ve added and marked as played also come back once and I have to clear them again.

This is really annoying as I have to clear out around 100 movies twice a week.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Reactions: MikeK75

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I got in touch with Apple TV support and after they had me do a bunch of stuff, they came back and told me this was one of the issues support can “vote on”.

Apparently it’s happening to enough people that it’s made the list of escalating issues that people are reporting. They gathered some data from me, but it sounds like engineering has no clue as to why it’s happening. That or they aren’t spending much time looking at it until more people report it.

Reactions: MikeK75

MikeK75

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2019
I will also contact support to add one more to the list. Thank you for responding.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
This Friday was the first time in 4 weeks where purchases didn’t come back.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
This bug is back for me today.

One thing i noticed is that the last time I saw this problem prior to today was when the last episode of Titans (DC Universe) got added. Since then I’ve had shows from various apps (Disney+, FoxNow, CW, HBO Go, etc) get added and never had a problem.

Today Harley Quinn got added (DC Universe) and the problem came back. That doesn’t seem like a coincidence. Especially since Harley Quinn has been broken, in that it wasn’t being added for new episodes and didn’t even show up in search (along with Saturday Night Live) this past weekend. I’m wondering if DC Universe shows are triggering this issue?

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
It maybe that you are not watching right to the end of the film.
I mean, why would you?
The film is finished, the credits are rolling and you are not interested in who ran the production unit in Turkey or wherever so you switch it off.
But it isn't finished.
The program that runs these things and remembers so you can pick it up where you left off, picks it up as unfinished and puts it back into 'Up next'.
I think the thing to do is to mark it as 'Watched' and this problem will most likely go away.
Or make a mental note to let everything run right through to the very end every time even if it's another 6 minutes in a foreign language.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I’ve already marked all my iTunes movies (over 70 of them) as watched or just removed them from Up Next. That all of them are coming back at the same time is a bug.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
I’ve already marked all my iTunes movies (over 70 of them) as watched or just removed them from Up Next. That all of them are coming back at the same time is a bug.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, Ok. It's a bit of a mess in any case at the moment. Some things work, some things don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.