Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Question for you zugu case folks. When you have it in the most upright position with the magnet back leg piece down in that groove, can you take a picture with the back camera and not have the bottom of the case be in the pic or is it in the field of vision?

I would be using it for a task in my job where I need to take many pictures with the iPad.
also I assume when you fold the front cover all around to the back that it covers the camera right? I’ve watched so many review videos on YouTube and they never put the thing held with the front cover flipped around to its back.

Last edited:

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Hustler,
I just got that exact case delivered today.
1) Yes, you can take a picture with the ipad on the most upright postion without the shot being blocked at all. I have attached a picture. My case is red, and it would have showed up at the bottom of the picture easily on the light colored wood skin, that I have on the keyboard.

2) Correct, if you flip the front cover over, it covers the the camera. I took this picture just by picking up the ipad with it still in the most upright position and taking the shot. The magnets held everything in place. I would say this works ok for the occasional indoor shot, but walking around, taking outdoor pictures a lot with the case on will be bothersome.

Depending on what phone you have, taking outdoor/walking shots may be better from the phone, then wifi or Airdrop them to the ipad.

I hope this helps.

2CF15D1D-4BFE-4E41-9D9F-5CA8CF9143B8_1_201_a.jpeg

Hustler

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
Hustler,
I just got that exact case delivered today.
1) Yes, you can take a picture with the ipad on the most upright postion without the shot being blocked at all. I have attached a picture. My case is red, and it would have showed up at the bottom of the picture easily on the light colored wood skin, that I have on the keyboard.

2) Correct, if you flip the front cover over, it covers the the camera. I took this picture just by picking up the ipad with it still in the most upright position and taking the shot. The magnets held everything in place. I would say this works ok for the occasional indoor shot, but walking around, taking outdoor pictures a lot with the case on will be bothersome.

Depending on what phone you have, taking outdoor/walking shots may be better from the phone, then wifi or Airdrop them to the ipad.

I hope this helps.

View attachment 878254
Thank you very much for the information. It is good to know shots are possible with this case on but very helpful to know they are cumbersome. Watching reviews I like everything about this case but I will be needing to take back to back photos with it for automotive inspection reports basically.
When I do ever get a 12.9 pro, I may go for something like the supcase as it is very similar to the otter box I have now that I use on an iPad Air 2 for this purpose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.