Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
AJ Muni said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145068

you guys think thatll work?? my girlfreind wants to buy it for me...and i really wanna get it fast since shes such in a good mood.... :D :D :D
Opinion: Depends on the exact model of powerbook, but I give you 50%-50% of it working.

This is Crucial's generic laptop RAM. It's fine thing, but it is not guaranteed to work on Powerbooks. Crucial's Powerbook RAM is a special build CT12864X335AP or CT12864X335.16 NewEgg of course makes no guarantee of compatibility. (you did see the review from the purchaser who tried 2 of these without success in their 17" powerbook, right?)

I recommend that you stick with a reputable vendor who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model Powerbook, has a lifetime warranty, and a no-cost return if it doesn't work.

If that Crucial doesn't work, you'll be out time, trouble and shipping costs. Wost case, you may get stuck with a restocking charge depending on seller policies.

In the USA I like Data Memory Systems

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
lolol ok guys lets keep this pg-13........thanks again trev

p.s. (im getting that later ;) )

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
AJ Muni said:
p.s. (im getting that later ;) )

:eek:

I bought RAM from newegg (1GB stick). Died on me in less than 2 months. It has lifetime warrenty, but I still haven't gotten around getting a $20 money order required for handling. Should have gotten "Mac" memory.

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
I have been using a that crucial stick in my 15" pb and my wife in her 12" ibook. both have been running great. Just my opinion, but I would recomend getting mac certified.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
I'm using that very stick of RAM in my iBook right now, but I think that it had issues with previous Powerbook models, which was why it isn't Mac certified. Not sure if those issues were solved in the current Powerbooks.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
I'm in the market for a 1 gig stick for my 800mhz iBook G4 but I can't find crucial offering any for the iBook. I'm sure they have some somewhere but I want to make sure they guarantee it.

Send me a link maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.