Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I like the white KB its better than the silver on the MS SB's where in daytime use its better with no backlight the Razer works well with the backlight on or off

Not so sure on the Mercury white background on the screen bezels though, but a minor point

Thysanoptera

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
What I don't like is that big ass power brick
I got myself this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YRBGS5V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

100W USB-C power delivery plus 36W over two USB-A ports. Much thinner than Razer power brick, or Apple, but with larger footprint, kind of like pancake, much better fit in my laptop bag and it saves me from carrying dedicated charger for phone/tablet. Big standard replaceable cables on both ends, really nice product.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
What's funny is the more I use this Stealth, the more I like it. The build quality is pretty amazing, and aside from the awkward position of the shiftkey on the keyboard, typing on this is really good.

There has not been a single game that this can't run well yet. Sure you might not play everything on ultra on every title but from medium to high settings on the newest titles - it handles it all with ease. Also as a work laptop when not really using the dGPU, this could last a whole day.

I appreciate where Razer is going with the Stealth and I don't think we are too far from seeing even more powerful hardware in this form factor - such as an RTX 20xx GPU, 144hz screen, more RAM, etc. I am pretty confident I will get the next gen Stealth or buy this model when it goes on clearance. I know you can already pickup the MX150 model for $900 used on Amazon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kazmac

jrichards1408

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2016
What's funny is the more I use this Stealth, the more I like it. The build quality is pretty amazing, and aside from the awkward position of the shiftkey on the keyboard, typing on this is really good.

There has not been a single game that this can't run well yet. Sure you might not play everything on ultra on every title but from medium to high settings on the newest titles - it handles it all with ease. Also as a work laptop when not really using the dGPU, this could last a while day.

I appreciate where Razer is going with the Stealth and I don't think we are too far from seeing even more powerful hardware in this form factor - such as an RTX 20xx GPU, 144hz screen, more RAM, etc. I am pretty confident I will get the next gen Stealth or buy this model when it goes on clearance. I know you can already pickup the MX150 model for $900 used on Amazon :)
I wished it had better colour accuracy on the 1080p screen.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Ok so I've been away from home for about a week, took the Stealth with me (along with a wireless gamepad) and left the Nintendo Switch at home. I usually take the Switch with me everywhere and it's always fun playing Smash Bros, Mario Kart or other Nintendo exclusives. However - being able to access my Steam library on a flight to play some games is a pretty big deal. Sure you're going to have to lower the graphics settings to squeeze a few more hours on battery but it's definitely playable.

What's even better is being able to connect the razer to a big screen TV at an AirBNB or hotel room and you have better than console gaming experience, or you can just use the 13-inch HD display and it works great too. Oh yeah, the Stealth is also great for getting work done too so it's a pretty versatile device ;)

Really excited to see even better hardware in this form factor!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Just a heads up - Best Buy has it on sale for $1500 today. I’m going for a price match to save $300.
I think that sale has been going on since black friday, Razer has been running a promotion that others (like bestbuy and amazon) have been doing and so you can get about 200 off various razer blade laptops.

I'm leaning towards the 15" RTX 2060 model myself.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
I think that sale has been going on since black friday, Razer has been running a promotion that others (like bestbuy and amazon) have been doing and so you can get about 200 off various razer blade laptops.

The 15 inch 2060 is like $1300 open box at my local best buy. Pretty tempted but I'm pretty happy with my MSI GS65.

Thysanoptera

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA

I'm pretty sure it started yesterday, all the other models were discounted buy not this one. BestBuy sales usually last one week. I've been monitoring price of it frequently hoping for a price drop and this is the first time I see it below initial price. Microsoft Store had it for $200 off for some time though. This is a brand new model.

I dusted off my 15 inch Blade w/2060 and will take it with me this week. Still no problems with it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm pretty sure it started yesterday,

Razer has had this since BF, and while I can't confirm that bestbuy had this discount on the RBS since then they have been discounting the other laptops lock step with Razer. Unless I'm missing something, Amazon has this for the same amount as well

1576513450125.png

Thysanoptera

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Razer has had this since BF, and while I can't confirm that bestbuy had this discount on the RBS since then they have been discounting the other laptops lock step with Razer. Unless I'm missing something, Amazon has this for the same amount as well
Looks like everyone has it for $1500 now, but it started yesterday:

amazon.png

EDIT: I even checked webarchive and razer store snapshot from Dec 11 has discounts on stealths with 8th gen CPU, but nothing on the new one. Personally I didn't even look at razer website, this is the last place you want to but a laptop from.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The 15 inch 2060 is like $1300 open box at my local best buy. Pretty tempted but I'm pretty happy with my MSI GS65.
I saw a couple of open box sales as well. One was a certified open box at 1,637. I don't think that's very tempting to be honest, I might as well buy new at that point.

jrichards1408

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2016
Looks like everyone has it for $1500 now, but it started yesterday:

amazon.png

EDIT: I even checked webarchive and razer store snapshot from Dec 11 has discounts on stealths with 8th gen CPU, but nothing on the new one. Personally I didn't even look at razer website, this is the last place you want to but a laptop from.
Still 1999 in the UK

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Went in to the Microsoft store today and got my price match. Still have till 1/31 to return it. Hopefully even better deals will pop up before then. Best Buy has these for Open Box at 1199 if you can find them. I'll stick with the new one for now lol

Reactions: maflynn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Went in to the Microsoft store today and got my price match
So they price matched the open box vs. new laptop (at the MS store)?

I may pop over to my local MS store later today since its fairly close to my office. The thing is, the online ms webstore shows no availability for the RTX 2060 laptop, but if I can get an openbox price for the 2070 model, hmmmm

Edit: I saw a "find in store" link, and sadly, all the razer's seem to be out of stock in my MS stores. I may still go there just to get some peripherals and see but it doesn't appear to be likely.

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
Hijacking this thread because it's Razer related - have any of you had experience with refurbished models from Razer directly?

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Hijacking this thread because it's Razer related - have any of you had experience with refurbished models from Razer directly?

No but I would NOT recommended buying anything directly from Razer because their support sucks. You are better off buying from Amazon, Best Buy or Microsoft. Razer is notorious for having poor customer support.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
So here's my verdict so far after using this for over 2 weeks...

Quick Summary:

I've used this as my main laptop for about a month. Had it docked onto my 35-inch 100hz wide gaming display while working at home. I've also taken this on multiple business trips. When it's not plugged in, performance is limited by the battery and obviously it will cut back to save on battery life. Battery life when it is running on the GTX 1650 GPU is about 2-3 hours when you are utilizing it, on games for example. However, if you are running productivity software such as Microsoft Office, Chrome, etc... you can get a good 7-9-ish hours depending on your power and screen brightness settings.

Usually when you are gaming, you will be tethered to a wall outlet anyway, which makes this great to take your Steam Library with you and play at your AirBNB or hotel room. Gaming performance overall is really good. It can handle just about any AAA title with ease when plugged in, such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Modern Warfare 2019.

Price for the FHD version is $1799 MSRP which is really steep, but there really aren't any laptops that perform at this level in this form factor and with this build quality. Also, at the time of this writing, it is currently on sale for $1499 making the price a little more attractive. If you value having your game library in an ultra portable sized laptop, then this would definitely be worth it. Being able to charge USB-C comes in clutch, however you need to use the 100W power adapter to utilize the full performance without draining the battery when plugged in. Otherwise, you can get more for less if you look at the 14 or 15 inch models.

I appreciate where Razer is going with their Stealth series and a step in the right direction on thin and light laptops. Earlier this year they had an MX150 that was a slight improvement over the integrated graphics, however they made a really big leap with the late 2019 Stealth with the GTX 1650. I believe the next generation Stealth will have ray-tracing using NVIDIAs next line of RTX series GPUs for laptops and it will certainly be something to lookout for. However this current Stealth is definitely no slouch so if you can find one at a good deal, it is certainly something you can consider.

Like:
  • Excellent build quality
  • Track Pad is on par with the Apple's MacBook Pro
  • Fast overall performance
  • Runs cool and quiet
  • Windows Hello face unlock works great
  • USB A ports are always appreciated, this has 2!
  • Can handle just about any AAA title in a 13-inch form factor - Shadow of Tomb Raider and Modern Warfare 2019? No problem!
  • Good, bright and easy to read screen
  • Good battery life for productivity
  • Built in speakers sound good, although not as good as the MacBook Pro 13.
  • Decent keyboard, except for the misplaced Right Shift Key
  • Hard drive and WiFi card are upgradeable
  • Great for plane rides, gaming on the go, and a good overall productivity / work laptop
  • Almost no compromise portable solution
Don't Like:
  • Screen is at 60hz - for a gaming laptop at this price it should at least be over 100hz
  • Right Shift Key will infuriate you. May not seem like a big deal until you type out a question. Trust me, you will freak out. Thankfully you can re-assign the key in Synapse
  • MSRP is $1799. Let that sink in.
  • Not a negative but I would like to see a 32GB RAM option!
  • Razer's customer service is NOTORIOUS for being terrible, I recommend you buying this at a retailer with a good extended warranty
Recommend?
  • Yes if you want a good looking laptop with excellent build quality that can play games in a 13 inch form factor
  • Yes if you want a good overall laptop with a GTX 1650 graphics card and price is not an issue for you
  • NO if you are looking at overall value! You can get a better laptop for less
  • NO because you are happy playing with your Nintendo Switch on the go and can leave your PC games at home!
  • NO because the next generation will have an RTX based graphics card and faster refresh rate (my prediction)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.