Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
for some odd reason as of today i am getting texts twice from people...at first i thought my wife just kept sending messages twice but im getting em like that from everybody...

jjusmo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2013
I have the same "problem". For every message I get, I get two notifications. Like it alerts me twice for the same message if I dot instantly check it. Not that big of a deal, but kind of annoying tbh. Anyone know a way to fix this?

zHerofTime

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
Go into settings>notifications>Messages and check if repeat alerts is set to once instead of never

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
for some odd reason as of today i am getting texts twice from people...at first i thought my wife just kept sending messages twice but im getting em like that from everybody...

I have the same "problem". For every message I get, I get two notifications. Like it alerts me twice for the same message if I dot instantly check it. Not that big of a deal, but kind of annoying tbh. Anyone know a way to fix this?

It's a problem with the carrier not the phone.

Happens to me too although it's only happening with SMS and not with iMessage or viber

What the person above me said, notifications>messages>alert>never

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Messages alerts is just for the sound/vibration alert of messages, not for the text ...

I think the problem was on the carrier side, not on the iPhone.

Kemoallah

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2017
Miles High
It's a problem with the carrier not the phone.
They say it the government if you know what I mean tapping your line, read your message and listen to your phone calls. When you hear a echo in the background you are tapped. Ask yourself who would want to hear my conversation and be aware!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.