Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
U.k
Hi all,
I want to record a video from a subscription service so I can watch it elsewhere offline anyone advise on the best ‘free’ software or app to use for this please.
Many thanks!
Devices:
Mac Mini
iPad
iPhone
But be nice to be able to save it in a format that’s flexible with how & where I can store it / view it.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Dunno if it will work for you but I use video D/L Pro on an iPad and ClipGrab on the mac.

If the subscription service doesn't allow recording for off line viewing (many do) you may have to output the video to a TV and capture it on a recorder or recorder tool on the way.

Last edited:

Avzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
U.k
Dunno if it will work for you but I use video D/L Pro on an iPad and ClipGrab on the mac.

If the subscription service doesn't allow recording for off line viewing (many do) you may have to output the video to a TV and capture it on a recorder or recorder tool on the way.
Hi,
Thank you !
The D/L Pro for iPad doesn’t seem to wana allow me to download it from the site I found, but my iPad is pretty old. I will try the Mac one you recommended next.
Again thanks.

Avzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
U.k
I’m trying to record a film I have purchased (to stream / download) from amazon prime

Avzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
U.k
Na, I don’t think it will either.
Gonna d/l it tho & giv it a try.
Thanks !

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I’m trying to record a film I have purchased (to stream / download) from amazon prime

Prime will let you download purchased videos directly to your devices for off-line viewing. They even actually encourage you to use this in its Mobile apps. Any reason you don’t just download it directly?

Look at the options on the right. Third from top... This is my iPad, my iPhone has the same option.

9C2BB62D-5DD7-483D-A3C2-78014F53F752.png

Last edited:

Glendixu

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2019
Using the online TV app I know will help you watch videos online for free.
Visit download free Mobdro PC here: MobdroPlus.com

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.