Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Anyone else excited to play this on the 26th? Surprised there were no other threads about it.

My special edition digital preorder is downloading as we speak, but sadly isn't playable until midnight on that day. :)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Indeed, I am ready. I don’t have alot of time for the gaming market as much as I used to, but there is a reason why I Purchased the Xbox One X (Aside from my PS4 Pro) and an additional controller strictly for this game to have the best possible experience available on my 4K Samsung TV.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will not just be game of the year, but it’s likely to be game of the generation console. I have been waiting a long time for this game, at least it’s been eight years in the making, and I know the developers at Rockstar studios have put in an immense amount of effort to make this a masterpiece.

I ordered the Ultimate Edition, I was considering purchasing the official game guide by ‘Brady games’, but I passed, because I really do truly want to find/figure everything for myself in this expansive world.

CD29C758-FCA0-4B62-BA0B-049B3020381E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: iMi

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I just preordered the PS4 digital download. It looks like a nice follow up to the first game that I really enjoyed a lot.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
i'll probably wait until next year for it to drop in price ( a lot)

had the original on ps3 though

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I am psyched for this game, but my policy with gaming is to be a generation behind. I'll buy it when the GOT Edition (or whatever equivalent) has been out long enough to find for $20 used.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Tried to load it on my xbox but it just sit there's and then comes up with some crazy error. So it's back to sleep for me. The hype is gone after this, still looks like its going to be a great game but I'll just get my money back and buy it a year from now when I can just play private mode online. Don't really have time to play the story mode anyway.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
At first this game didn't really interest me, but after seeing the positive reviews, I may take the plunge. If I do opt to get it, I'll wait for the price to go down first.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Special Edition has Arrived. The install takes approximately two hours, at least that’s what it was for my Xbox One X. (Albeit, I have not had the opportunity to play it yet.)

The reviews are astounding and calling this a ‘Masterpiece across-the-board.’ This is the game of the generation console, no contest. Rockstar always delivers on every level.

FFC341BA-3CA7-4180-A207-FA2B57944D05.jpeg

Reactions: iMi

berx

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2018
I don't play video games like I used to. Had no problem buying GTAV 3 times but not gonna do it with rdr 2. I'll wait out for the PC port.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Albeit, I have not had the opportunity to play it yet

Finally had the opportunity play the first 45 minutes, and the storyline is very driven, which I like. Graphically, it’s stunning and I think that’s quite obvious if you have a 4K TV.

Just on a sidenote, I live in a state where we receive a decent amount of snow seasonally, and the effects of the snow in the game are _so_realistic, you could almost immerse yourself in the player and feel like you’re walking through fresh powdered snow. Just the amount of level of detail and intricacy that Rockstar executed into the small details is impeccable. (I.e Character Movement, lighting, animation, dialogue, ect)

Direct photo off my TV: The snow Actually glistens Like it Would in real life when you traverse through it.

5618FDE4-9D6C-411E-8B55-D46B3AB64D7A.jpeg

Last edited:

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
“Take-Two takes security seriously and will take legal action against people or publications who leak confidential information. Because this situation involved information about Red Dead Redemption 2, Rockstar Games directed the settlement funds to these three great charities: the American Indian College Fund, the American Prairie Reserve, and the First Nations Development Institute.”

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
It doesn’t seem unreasonable to you for a media company to only be allowed to share what games industry wants them to? So yo think Games Media is just an arm of the Games Industry Marketing?

That is not at all what I said, and I will not engage in a discussion with you if open it with falsely attributing such hyperbolic statements to me.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
That is not at all what I said, and I will not engage in a discussion with you if open it with falsely attributing such hyperbolic statements to me.

Then what thing they did seems reasonable to you? Let’s start there, so I don’t falsely attribute things to you.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Then what thing they did seems reasonable to you? Let’s start there, so I don’t falsely attribute things to you.

I think companies have a right to declare what information is confidential. And they have a right to decide what information about a game that is still in development gets released to the public. And if media organizations decide to leak confidential information, they should expect to see consequences.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I think companies have a right to declare what information is confidential. And they have a right to decide what information about a game that is still in development gets released to the public. And if media organizations decide to leak confidential information, they should expect to see consequences.

I disagree a thousand percent. The media organization did nothing illegal to get the data, and publishing information is their job. If the company in question gets to decide what can and cannot be shared, the media company becomes nothing more than a mouthpiece for the company. That’s not journalism.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I disagree a thousand percent. The media organization did nothing illegal to get the data, and publishing information is their job. If the company in question gets to decide what can and cannot be shared, the media company becomes nothing more than a mouthpiece for the company. That’s not journalism.

Do you also strongly disagree with review embargos?

Do you not believe in the concept of confidential information and documents?

What about software companies that get advance info on the next Playstation abd XBox hardware? Do Sony and MS not have a right to ask for this information to be kept under wraps until their official announcement?

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Do you also strongly disagree with review embargos?

Do you not believe in the concept of confidential information and documents?

What about software companies that get advance info on the next Playstation abd XBox hardware? Do Sony and MS not have a right to ask for this information to be kept under wraps until their official announcement?

Asked? Sure, they can ask whatever they want. Threaten legal action and extort a million pounds isn’t asking. What if Apple threatened MacRumors with a lawsuit because they got confidential information?

That’s my issue. It isn’t that they’re mad about things. It’s about what they did with that anger, which will have a chilling effect on people going forward into the future.

Also, the review embargo thing works in favor of the reviewer, giving them time to actually do the review properly.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Asked? Sure, they can ask whatever they want. Threaten legal action and extort a million pounds isn’t asking. What if Apple threatened MacRumors with a lawsuit because they got confidential information?

That’s my issue. It isn’t that they’re mad about things. It’s about what they did with that anger, which will have a chilling effect on people going forward into the future.

Also, the review embargo thing works in favor of the reviewer, giving them time to actually do the review properly.

Interesting. I guess we see this from a completely different perspective.

To come back to your original question, I think it was reasonable of Rockstar to expect their confidential information to be handled confidentially. And also to act on it when someone violated that confidentiality. I also like that they didn’t pocket the settlement money, but directed it to charity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.