Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The voice acting and Character detail is impeccable. I mean, the environment, weather and surroundings, missions is all very extremely detailed, but the game really tries to draw you into the characters, and that’s where Rockstar executes very well with you familiarizing yourself on each character in the game. I know they spent seven years in development with this game, and the storyline script was rumored to be over 2000 pages long, but the game wants to encapsulate the gamer by growing a bond with the characters when playing the game, and it does exactly that.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
The voice acting and Character detail is impeccable. I mean, the environment, weather and surroundings, missions is all very extremely detailed, but the game really tries to draw you into the characters, and that’s where Rockstar executes very well with you familiarizing yourself on each character in the game. I know they spent seven years in development with this game, and the storyline script was rumored to be over 2000 pages long, but the game wants to encapsulate the gamer by growing a bond with the characters when playing the game, and it does exactly that.

want to go in on a MR posse ? I’m getting my butt kicked in RDR2 online atm lol

It’s still fun as hell and Rock Star just gifted 15 gold bars for playing the beta, but lots of people ganging together makes it very hard to accomplish anything in online play

Reactions: Painter2002

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
want to go in on a MR posse ? I’m getting my butt kicked in RDR2 online atm lol

It’s still fun as hell and Rock Star just gifted 15 gold bars for playing the beta, but lots of people ganging together makes it very hard to accomplish anything in online play

I actually don’t play online, I did years back, But I prefer just the campaign. But that said, what a great game this is, the voice acting, the environments and mechanics are outstanding. The controls take some time to get used to, but overall, I barely have even dabbled into this game yet, there’s so much to do, and my backlog of other games are ‘taking a back seat for while’....

Reactions: iapplelove

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I actually don’t play online, I did years back, But I prefer just the campaign. But that said, what a great game this is, the voice acting, the environments and mechanics are outstanding. The controls take some time to get used to, but overall, I barely have even dabbled into this game yet, there’s so much to do, and my backlog of other games are ‘taking a back seat for while’....

I don’t play games anymore myself, but always been a huge Rock Star fan so I went out and bought the PS4 pro RD bundle just for this.

Game is amazing and online is insane.

lol Rock Star just patched the games Christmas update, now when you walk into a saloon the piano player is playing holiday music.

The game is amazing! Single story mode and online. I agree with all your points.

If you change your mind lol let me know.

Reactions: 44267547

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
My youngest got this for the holidays. It’s taken most of the afternoon to download all the updates, but he’s been playing for a couple of hours now.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Loaded this up last night and I sat there with my jaw dropped. Absolutely stunning and i'm not even at 5% yet.

Would you say were...Speechless? (I had to do it based off your username) Anyways, There is so much to do and see, I don’t even attempt the main story missions. I want to explorer and gather as much experience as possible in this game throughout, and everything you do is beneficial. Really well executed game. And the lighting effects is astonishing (Campfires, moonlight, sun through the tree’s, ect).

Reactions: Speechless

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
I just got this for Christmas and I loaded it up yesterday for the first time, and I must say, Rockstar has outdone themselves on this one. I’m barely 10 hours into this game and it’s blown me away.

Reactions: madeirabhoy

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I won’t discuss any specifics of the game to give away any storyline plots, just the gameplay itself.

I usually like to rotate between games between both my Pro and One-X, but I find myself really captivated by RD2. And not so much necessarily that it is just an ‘open world game’, but the amount of detail that Rockstar included is just astonishing, the lighting through the trees, the sound effects are top notch, the weather affects is the most interesting I’ve ever experienced in any game over the years, but I find myself that I enjoy the game so much, actually take time to purposely avoid main story missions, just traversing randomly throughout the world to encounter random side missions or quests.

And I don’t just say this as some ‘hard-core fan’ of Rockstar/RD2, I say this as someone who takes great appreciation from a developer that emphasizes intricate detail and a storyline that compels the gamer to not just want to play this as a game, but remember it as an experience altogether. [I gather there are some issues with the controls that others have discussed, but it’s been a non-issue for me, and I also don’t play online, I just prefer a campaign.]

Last edited:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I just started with RDR2 a couple of weeks ago on the PS4. After playing AC Odyssey it took me some time to adjust to the slow speed of the game, but I'm starting to enjoy the game now.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Took the train to Saint Denis and went to the theatre.

I think I can say i'm completely in the mindset of the game now ?

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
This game has been on my Amazon wishlist since it was first released! lol
Still haven't purchased it. Have played through the first and thought it was a great game! I hardly get time to play games nowadays - my most recent purchase was 'Days Gone' and I've literally only played about an hours worth!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.