Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ForbiddenApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Having an issue recently where if I create a reminder in the stock app for another day, it will not show in the Notification Centre. So if I create a reminder today due for tomorrow or next week, when the reminder is due it does not display in the Notification Centre. The reminder alert goes off at the time of the event, but there's nothing in the 'Today' view and no badge app icon on the Reminders app. This is annoying as it negates the purpose of the reminders app to actually remind me what I need to do that day. All my settings are as they should be.

Anybody able to provide a solution to this please?

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I had this issue and decided to ditch the reminders app and use the Calendar app and widget. Looks like we're on 8.2 and they still haven't fixed that.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I've had this issue before and stopped using the app because of it. Recently I started using it again cause I noticed wunderlist didn't remind me when the app is closed. Now everything is working as it should. Stopped using it a while ago and have no idea what has fixed it. But my reminders and widget is updated on all devices. The widgets needs refreshing on other devices sometimes but at least location and date reminders work.

ForbiddenApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Do you have the Reminders widget enabled?

Yep. Everything enabled and all settings are as they should be. It was working fine until last week then randomly this bug appeared.

Will try Wunderlist, but very annoying the stock app has decided itself that it doesn't want to work properly.

Ladyphoenix

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2017
Yep. Everything enabled and all settings are as they should be. It was working fine until last week then randomly this bug appeared.

Will try Wunderlist, but very annoying the stock app has decided itself that it doesn't want to work properly.

Here I am in 2017 trying to find out how to use Reminders to let me know when to do something. I was using Fantastical on my old MBP and decided to go over to Reminders. Bah. Since Reminders is not working as I expected and I cannot find out to use it on the MBP I am going back to Fantastical. Just in case someone else has this issue, Fantastical automatically adds the info to Calendars and sends a reminder via message (I chose banner), message with sound or email. I can set as many alerts as I want.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Here I am in 2017 trying to find out how to use Reminders to let me know when to do something. I was using Fantastical on my old MBP and decided to go over to Reminders. Bah. Since Reminders is not working as I expected and I cannot find out to use it on the MBP I am going back to Fantastical. Just in case someone else has this issue, Fantastical automatically adds the info to Calendars and sends a reminder via message (I chose banner), message with sound or email. I can set as many alerts as I want.
What's not working as expected?

Ladyphoenix

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2017
What's not working as expected?

I am elderly and have serious trouble remembering appointments. I am on the computer early most days so it helps to have a visual notification that I have to be somewhere. For example, I want two reminders that I have a dentist appointment. One reminder at 8 am the day of and another one hour before so that I can get ready and go. It's about a half hour drive. How does Reminder accomplish this kind of task?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am elderly and have serious trouble remembering appointments. I am on the computer early most days so it helps to have a visual notification that I have to be somewhere. For example, I want two reminders that I have a dentist appointment. One reminder at 8 am the day of and another one hour before so that I can get ready and go. It's about a half hour drive. How does Reminder accomplish this kind of task?
You can set multiple reminders to go off at the times that you need. You can also set up a calendar appointment for your appointment and have multiple alerts for that too, either instead of the reminders or in addition to them.

Ladyphoenix

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2017
You can set multiple reminders to go off at the times that you need. You can also set up a calendar appointment for your appointment and have multiple alerts for that too, either instead of the reminders or in addition to them.

How?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.