Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tibas92013

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2013
Costa Rica
In the year 2015 I bought a new Apple iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB, however, it appears that I now need to replace the battery as it takes almost one(1) minute for start-up and somewhat slow when using the Internet. To replace the battery here in Costa Rica will cost around $75. Any advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Except for being somewhat slow it has been a very good workhorse over the last four(4) years.

Also, last June I purchased the Apple iPod touch 7th Generation 32GB in which I am one happy Apple Customer.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
The symptoms you describe (start-up time and slow internet response) are not typically indications of a bad battery.

How long does the battery last between recharges?

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
As was said above, lag is not an indication of a bad battery. Assuming you are running iOS 8 or 9, it will be slow no matter what you do. Unfortunately the iPod Touch 5th generation's hardware was not powerful enough to run those versions properly. It's 2011 hardware.

Unless the actual battery life is short, replacing it would not do anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.