Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I'd like to hit the following criteria, and thinking a used iPhone 8 or 8+ may fit the bill:
-large screen
4.7" to 5.8" screen

-can run ios13

-battery on par with an iPod Touch 6 or 7

-Can be purchased for $250 or less
New iPod Touch 6's are decent, but I don't want a dinky 4" screen. IpT7's are relatively costly, for the same dinky 4" screen.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
An iPhone 8 would be ideal. It will have SIGNIFICANTLY better battery life than a Touch 6 or 7, and work well with iOS 13

I have no idea what kind of $$ they are going for now, but a few minutes on Ebay should answer that for you.

I know that when I replace my iPhone 8 with a new phone in the next couple years, I will replace my Touch 6 with the iPhone 8.

Good luck!

Reactions: ackmondual

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
An iPhone 8 would be ideal. It will have SIGNIFICANTLY better battery life than a Touch 6 or 7, and work well with iOS 13

I have no idea what kind of $$ they are going for now, but a few minutes on Ebay should answer that for you.

I know that when I replace my iPhone 8 with a new phone in the next couple years, I will replace my Touch 6 with the iPhone 8.

Good luck!

To be frank 8 and 7 have very similar battery life on iOS 13.

Reactions: ackmondual

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
The 8 is a good replacement unless the headphone jack is important to you.
Nah. While I did use it on my various iPod Touches (3 to 5th gen), they were corner cases/exceptions. Worst comes to worst, I'll consider lugging around a lightning adaptor (or even buying one if it doesn't come with one)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.