Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Anyone know where we can buy spare silicone tips for the Apple AirPods Pro. I called Apple support and they couldn’t tell me. I guess its to soon after release.

faythebest

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2013
Toronto
Have the same question. Apple support told me to contact Apple Sales and the last one told me to contact Apple support. They are confused and no idea where to get them from. I thought of going to an Apple store tomorrow and get more information.

Reactions: akidokraja

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I asked when I purchased at store last Friday. They had no clue.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
For all the complaints I've read so far, I've not yet read of people complaining about the tips coming off. So that's good.

The problem is that if you lose a tip then you are stuffed until Apple start selling them as accessories

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Just curious, is the only source about $4 replacements from the Gruber comment? Has Apple posted anything official about this?

shimpster

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2018
Genius’ can order them but right now they have to ship. My first pair had tares in the medium tips, but the offered to let me exchange for a brand new pair of APP. Cost of the replacement tips was quoted at $4.00 USD

Reactions: webbuzz

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Genius’ can order them but right now they have to ship. My first pair had tares in the medium tips, but the offered to let me exchange for a brand new pair of APP. Cost of the replacement tips was quoted at $4.00 USD
$4.00 per pair, per set?

currrr

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2016
Is your tare like this or more severe?
I have this on one side of my pods. I’m not leaning towards exchanging cause my first charging case had dents on it from manufacturing. Don’t want to try my luck again.
Anyone else have this kind of finishing defect on their buds?
3666F49A-ADEE-4D7E-8D7F-E7C7D1C20A3B.jpeg

F4CC6443-E56E-4AA0-9CEA-80A18FE8A009.jpeg

faythebest

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2013
Toronto
So I was able to get the replacement tips from my local Apple store her in Toronto, Canada. You have to make an appointment with the Genius Bar. It costs $5.19 for 2 small, or medium or Large. Got them all just to keep them in spare. They cost me around $17 with tax. They only had one of each.
Hope it helps
BF9148ED-607A-415A-8A79-A8EDC48E902A.jpeg

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Just spoken to support now about spare tips. They are 4 dollars for a pair or 4 pounds a pair (Small, Medium or Large). You can't order them through the sales phone line. You can only purchase from a retail store or a third party supplier. I will call my local store tomorrow to check.

Reactions: currrr

shimpster

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2018
No mine was inside (if you were to unfold the tip) right above the hard part where it clicks onto the pod.

Is your tare like this or more severe?
I have this on one side of my pods. I’m not leaning towards exchanging cause my first charging case had dents on it from manufacturing. Don’t want to try my luck again.
Anyone else have this kind of finishing defect on their buds?
View attachment 875141
View attachment 875142

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
One of the large tips with my APP took the top of the card off with it and so was stuck inside. The only way I could get it out was to poke it out with a sim tool. I didn't know there is a thin mesh/membrane there, therefore poked a hole in it.

I started an online chat but 'Dan' wouldn't budge on it being accidental damage and I would have to pay to fix. I argued a little saying if I hadn't poked a hole would the tip taking the card with it be my fault. Yep, but he would forward the feedback about the packaging. I gave in and asked him for a link to buy more tips but he told me I had to go to a store as they aren't available online. I explained that wasn't satisfactory as I don't have any Apple Stores locally, but he didn't care.

Now I don't hear any difference between the good and damaged one but I'm concerned it's lost the sweat/rain resistance.

First time I've been unhappy with Apple's customer service. I know it's only a few quid but the faulty packaging was at fault so Apple should replace the tip.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
One of the large tips with my APP took the top of the card off with it and so was stuck inside. The only way I could get it out was to poke it out with a sim tool. I didn't know there is a thin mesh/membrane there, therefore poked a hole in it.

I started an online chat but 'Dan' wouldn't budge on it being accidental damage and I would have to pay to fix. I argued a little saying if I hadn't poked a hole would the tip taking the card with it be my fault. Yep, but he would forward the feedback about the packaging. I gave in and asked him for a link to buy more tips but he told me I had to go to a store as they aren't available online. I explained that wasn't satisfactory as I don't have any Apple Stores locally, but he didn't care.

Now I don't hear any difference between the good and damaged one but I'm concerned it's lost the sweat/rain resistance.

First time I've been unhappy with Apple's customer service. I know it's only a few quid but the faulty packaging was at fault so Apple should replace the tip.
I would have claimed it was faulty packaging and asked for replacement AirPods.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
I’m going to wait for the foam tips to be available. Meanwhile the ones I have work fine.

not saying someone won't figure it out, but the nature of mounting ring which is unique to the AirPods Pro, with the tiny gap it needs to plug into, makes foam ear tips seemingly impossible. I might be able to see a hybrid silicone/plastic ring that snaps in and then is somehow connected to foam which is the majority of the tip?
[automerge]1572991009[/automerge]
I would have claimed it was faulty packaging and asked for replacement AirPods.

very, very odd. normally apple would just throw you a bone and send you a cheap item to fix what broke on a day old product... even if it seemingly is user error. I think a big part of the issue here is they don't even have the part...

Reactions: Pug72

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I went into my local Apple store and asked if they had the spare tips. I was told they did not but, the genius went into the back room and brought me a complete set at no charge. They were boxed with a part number on the box. I asked for the part number but, he said he could not give it to me.

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Walk into an Apple store, get a full refund because it's less than 14 days. You don't need to have a reason.
With your refund, buy a new set of AirPods Pro.
Sorted.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
This. There is no reason to be unhappy with Apple when your purchase is within the return period. It is basically a no questions asked return policy which is fantastic.

Walk into an Apple store, get a full refund because it's less than 14 days. You don't need to have a reason.
With your refund, buy a new set of AirPods Pro.
Sorted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.