Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymess

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2019
I don't think I've ever been as cross with Apple as I have over this silly little $5 part. I managed to lose an ear tip (perhaps because it wasn't fitted securely) on the day I bought by AirPods Pro... but simply cannot get a replacement.

The online support system has an option, but in the UK this just leads to a dead end where it offers whole replacements not the ear tips despite the latter appearing on a previous screen (see screenshot).

I spend 45 minutes on hold at various places around the Apple support line (plus a further 30 minutes on an earlier occasion when I gave up). They said it was a sales not support item (despite it being listed as support not sales on the website); they said I should drive to an Apple store (3-4 hours return trip, and the two I have tried said there was no availability anyway).

Aaaargh.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 15.57.10.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 15.57.10.png
    289.3 KB · Views: 80

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I don't think I've ever been as cross with Apple as I have over this silly little $5 part. I managed to lose an ear tip (perhaps because it wasn't fitted securely) on the day I bought by AirPods Pro... but simply cannot get a replacement.

The online support system has an option, but in the UK this just leads to a dead end where it offers whole replacements not the ear tips despite the latter appearing on a previous screen (see screenshot).

I spend 45 minutes on hold at various places around the Apple support line (plus a further 30 minutes on an earlier occasion when I gave up). They said it was a sales not support item (despite it being listed as support not sales on the website); they said I should drive to an Apple store (3-4 hours return trip, and the two I have tried said there was no availability anyway).

Aaaargh.
You can schedule a genius appointment and arrange for replacement tips at Uk stores

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I’m in the US, but online I ordered a replacement pair through Apple support and they shipped them overnight for no charge. No questions asked.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Japan here, English customer service handled by Australia.

I went through hell getting my replacement AirPods Pro tips - after spending 20-30 on two phone calls with support, they ended up charging me $15 for a full set but they sent tips for the old IEMs instead of the the AirPods. When I called back, the call was immediately escalated to the next level of support (I wasn't rude/irate or whatever) and that rep ended up refunding me for the first set (which I kept) and also sent two pairs of medium tips for the AirPods Pro, for free. ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.