Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
As stated by spymac: The current iMac line may soon be shaken up and reconfigured, recent rumor and public information suggests.

Just weeks after confirming the discontinuation of the 15" Studio Display, retailers known to Spymac have come forward claiming continued difficulty receiving the low-end iMac CD-RW.

"This is the second delivery in a row that the [iMac CD-RWs] did not come through from Ingram Micro," says one reseller. "They're still available for order but are not arriving."

Although DigiTimes recently reported that 15" iMacs would be discontinued in October, Spymac sources confirmed that none of the other iMac configurations are experiencing ordering irregularities.

Earlier this month, Apple dropped the price of the 15" CD-RW iMac by US$100, bringing its price to $1,199.

"The 17" model continues to sell great," concludes the reseller. "Perhaps this marks the beginning of an additional 17" model to the line?"

Current sources did not immediately respond to questions; more information as it becomes available.

Although I'm not in the market for a new desktop (my 15" iMac is doing fine:D )
I'm excited to see what changes are going to be made to the iMac. I hope the style stays for a while though, I'd hate to see them put out a whole new iMac until mid or late 2003.

Re: Resellers struggle with iMac availability

Originally posted by medea
I hope the style stays for a while though, I'd hate to see them put out a whole new iMac until mid or late 2003.

As long as they can keep selling them, I don't see them changing the look of the computer for 3 or 4 more years. I'm sure they'll have plenty of minor changes that will add up to a lot, but I'd say the flower pot is here to stay for a while.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Originally posted by gopher
Check http://www.macprices.com/ for availability of iMacs at online retailers.
Thanks, I was not aware of that site.

Yeah your right Timdaddy, Apple will probably keep the design of the current iMac for awhile, kinda like they are keeping OS X going....the original iMac didnt change appearance much (other than colors) and lastest for a few years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.