Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadow_Saunter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
I’ve noticed lately that when I use Live Wallpaper on my iPhone X it only works in forward, the image no longer rewinds. This is only true with wallpapers that I downloaded from one of the apps in the iTunes Store, the the native live wallpapers still work just fine.

So, in other words, when I press on a live wallpaper, it only animates forward. It does not rewind when I let go. It used to do this when the phone was brand new. Did a setting get changed somewhere?

Last edited:

Shadow_Saunter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
I've never seen non-native live wallpapers rewind.

That’s interesting. My wife’s iPhone X doesn’t rewind either, but mine definitely did for the first two weeks that I owned it. My live wallpapers don’t seem to respond to light touch now either. I’m going to try a factory reset. I don’t think it’s malfunctioning because the native ones work, maybe firmware.

....yeee

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2019
I’ve noticed lately that when I use Live Wallpaper on my iPhone X it only works in forward, the image no longer rewinds. This is only true with wallpapers that I downloaded from one of the apps in the iTunes Store, the the native live wallpapers still work just fine.

So, in other words, when I press on a live wallpaper, it only animates forward. It does not rewind when I let go. It used to do this when the phone was brand new. Did a setting get changed somewhere?
[doublepost=1553490182][/doublepost]I’ve had the same problem and I’ve found a solution what you have to do is go to your photos and click on the Live Photo and swipe up and under effects you want to select bounce and then it should rewind

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.