Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xserveLuke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2016
Graz, Austria / Österreich
Hey,

Since I have updated my 2012 MacBook Air to Catalina (latest version) I have sometimes no access to a network shared Disk on my Mac Pro 5,1 with latest version of Mojave - other shared disks on the same computer like Macintosh SSD (Mac Pro System Disk), TimeMachine Backups can be mounted. I have nothing changed with the user rights and I am being also connected as admin.
Sharing is running via SMB right out from mac OS. And there is only one account on the cMP.

I have to log out from the MBA and relogin - then it works as it should.

So does anyone here noticed same trouble with it? Maybe its a bug from mac OS Catalina.

Thank you for your reply

Last edited:

xserveLuke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2016
Graz, Austria / Österreich
I will see up next time. It is happening after one or more times going sleep of the client Macbook. But also after switching from Wifi to Ethernet and not every time. It's annoying when I will to copy files and it's not working ... All devices are in the same subnet and managed by the same router as before.

Error message translated:

"The operation could not be completed because the original object for "Server" was not found."

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-09 um 17.22.37.png

Last edited:

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
SysPreferences->SecurityPrivacy->FullDiskAcccess->Advanced
are some of the drives timing out
sorry; long shot

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
I believe there is an issue with the Catalina SMB client (and/or its relationship with Finder) which causes issues. I have have annoying inconsistent connection issues with Catalina client to both Catalina and Mojave as servers. I have just installed 10.15.2 beta 4 on my MacBook and, on the basis of one reboot, it is looking better. On second thoughts - perhaps not much, if any, better.

Last edited:

geo88

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2019
Nashville, USA
I can't connect from/to an iMac (Late 2012) running 10.15.2 with my MacBook Pro (Early 2011) running 10.13.6. Connecting with my Mac Pro (2009) running 10.14.6 works fine.

EDIT: Nevermind. Restarting all the Macs and the network router seems to have solved my issue.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.