Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Hi there, the band looks nice online but does anyone have real world pics?

Specifically with a black watch?

Thanks

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
294CCEE8-CE1B-4166-BA1B-EFBE16870540.jpeg

With SBSS

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
The Nike Royal Pulse/Black is a beautiful band. I wear it when I want an assertive dose of "BLUE!". Sadly, I find it a little heavy and uncomfortable after wearing Sport Loops exclusively for a year. But I do love how it looks.
I LOVE the weight of it.. For some reason the nike bands seem "meatier" than the standard apple sport bands but yes. Definitely not as light as a sport loop

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I LOVE the weight of it.. For some reason the nike bands seem "meatier" than the standard apple sport bands but yes. Definitely not as light as a sport loop
I agree that these Nike bands are beautifully made and have a satisfying heft to them! Aesthetically I love them; ergonomically I've become too accustomed to the "weightless" feeling of the Sport Loop.

I know there's a lot of mockery and frustration in the Forums about the announcement of new Watch bands, but, for me at least, there is a lot of joy to be had in personal accessories like these.

Reactions: techno-Zen

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not sure if they're any lighter than standard issue sport bands and honestly I've not noticed any difference. If there is any, I suspect it to be very little. That said, I appreciate the heft of both bands because they make for a very sturdy fit when wearing either an Aluminum or Stainless model. With a Sport Loop paired with a SS model, I am finding that I need to tighten up the Sport Loop to get a more secure fit--to prevent the watch from moving around on my wrist. With aluminum it does not move much at all. Obviously due to the weight difference between the cases.

But yeah, Royal Pulse is an incredible shade of blue!:cool:

Reactions: twanj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.