Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
which combination did u guys go for?

Personally i went with the titanium black initially but I’ve been swayed by the ceramic with yellow strap. It is however sold out so I’ll try my luck on launch day.

I’ve had the ceramic white and grey before and both had the worse resale value ever.

Painful to spend that much and not even get back half the year later but it does look really nice

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Personally, having the S3 ceramic, I am not going S5 ceramic.
I will keep the S3C and wear it casually here and there, since the resale is so low.

Where I am torn is replace when S4 SBSS with the ti and S5 Nike or keep the SBSS and pick up a S5 Nike

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
which combination did u guys go for?

Personally i went with the titanium black initially but I’ve been swayed by the ceramic with yellow strap. It is however sold out so I’ll try my luck on launch day.

I’ve had the ceramic white and grey before and both had the worse resale value ever.

Painful to spend that much and not even get back half the year later but it does look really nice
I am getting it with anchor gray sport loop. I have product red and yellow straps already. I do not care about resale value much as I do not intend to sale it when I am getting a new version next year. I just enjoy it. A watch is depreciated daily as I wear and use it daily when working out and all other occasions.

oneahis

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2016
Personally, having the S3 ceramic, I am not going S5 ceramic.
I will keep the S3C and wear it casually here and there, since the resale is so low.

Where I am torn is replace when S4 SBSS with the ti and S5 Nike or keep the SBSS and pick up a S5 Nike

How much did they offer you from Apple? Or what is the resale price or ceramic?

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
I currently have the S3 Edition with a black milanease loop, and I'm keeping this. I just ordered the black sport band with my S5 :)

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I got barely anything for my S2 white ceramic when the S3 came out. I got barely anything for my S3 gray when the S4 came out. I had to settle for SS resale values with my ceramics.

The way I see it I can get ceramic this year and spend over $800AU (~ $550US) more than the titanium but when it comes to selling it next year I’ll get the same cost for either

I’ve decided to go titanium after seeing more videos of it and putting a bit of that savings towards getting a 512gb pro instead of a 256gb ;-)

Ethan Coohill

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2015
Denver
Ceramic white with Alaska Blue band. I also have an Hermes on order as I cant decide which I want to go with. Both dont get here until middle october.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I got barely anything for my S2 white ceramic when the S3 came out. I got barely anything for my S3 gray when the S4 came out. I had to settle for SS resale values with my ceramics.

The way I see it I can get ceramic this year and spend over $800AU (~ $550US) more than the titanium but when it comes to selling it next year I’ll get the same cost for either

I’ve decided to go titanium after seeing more videos of it and putting a bit of that savings towards getting a 512gb pro instead of a 256gb ;-)
I will lean towards the titanium over the ceramic.
My sbss was just replaced and is perfect. I am struggling with an upgrade from 4 to 5.
One I see the ti in person the call will be made.
It’s am expensive yearly upgrade.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I will lean towards the titanium over the ceramic.
My sbss was just replaced and is perfect. I am struggling with an upgrade from 4 to 5.
One I see the ti in person the call will be made.
It’s am expensive yearly upgrade.

I think I want the ceramic option, the titanium looks nice, but somehow I think it’s going to venture into much like aluminum for me, even though it does include the sapphire display. The ceramic really is a unique material for a watch, but the price is staggering, but I want it. 😁

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I sat around trying to resist the temptation and finally succumbed and ordered Ceramic 44mm with yello Meyer band yesterday. I loved my S3 Ceramic.
Delivery 14th-21st October but hoping it will ship before that
Gave into tempatation? What a loser. Just kidding congrats I am green with envy. Congrats

I love the S3 ceramic as well.
Currently I have the S3 ceramic and S4 SBSS. I like both but I do not like wearing either when doing any type of workout.

Now this scenario would have me all over the new S5C.
roaming LTE connectivity between watches.

I do not understand why Apple and the carriers have not implemented this.

The one reason I would purchase the S5C is to get rid of that RED dot

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I think I want the ceramic option, the titanium looks nice, but somehow I think it’s going to venture into much like aluminum for me, even though it does include the sapphire display. The ceramic really is a unique material for a watch, but the price is staggering, but I want it. ?
The price is staggering. After tax and apple care I am looking at $1600

Wonder how many people opt for the $5 apple care instead

Reactions: Dopestar

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
The price is staggering. After tax and apple care I am looking at $1600

Wonder how many people opt for the $5 apple care instead
Yeah it is a high price and no doubt Apple will risk price hikes next year. In the UK we are paying more in pounds than you guys are in dollars. Brexit has added £50 to the prices of phones and watches. The UK price for the ceramic is £1399 without AppleCare but then tax is included in the price and the pound is weak against the dollar.
[automerge]1568922458[/automerge]
I think I want the ceramic option, the titanium looks nice, but somehow I think it’s going to venture into much like aluminum for me, even though it does include the sapphire display. The ceramic really is a unique material for a watch, but the price is staggering, but I want it. ?
Good call. A guy on youtube compared the Titanium against a space grey aluminium and apart from the aluminium being slightly darker, the materials looked the same. Obviously there is a difference in quality though.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I believe that the edition models get some special watch faces. Just watched a video of a french guy unboxing the ceramic. The boxes and packaging are the same for all watches now

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I believe that the edition models get some special watch faces. Just watched a video of a french guy unboxing the ceramic. The boxes and packaging are the same for all watches now

Wow no special charger, that I never used.
When spending that much $/£ a little extra made the purchase feel that more special

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

JoshCalvetti

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
dope.

minor nitpick... this is the worst band they've shipped with it, IMO. The cloud band had just enough contrast to make it kind of neat, where as this one is completely white. The other one at least had the pebble inside.

Oh man why the big black dot

the black dot doesn't really bug me, since that's what the S2 has as well. I'll take black over red!

Reactions: AJ44

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
dope.

minor nitpick... this is the worst band they've shipped with it, IMO. The cloud band had just enough contrast to make it kind of neat, where as this one is completely white. The other one at least had the pebble inside.

the black dot doesn't really bug me, since that's what the S2 has as well. I'll take black over red!

I agree with the bands. It would have been nice if they made an exclusive white lugged dark medium to dark band

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
dope.

I still have the cloud band from my old Ceramic S3 so I shall use that one alongside the meyer yellow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.