Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Just updated to Safari 13 on High Sierra. Opened it and all extensions are disabled. I didn't use many - Instapaper, ghostery (older build), 1password - but still a bummer.

Seems I should have been paying attention re extension support :mad:

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I "updated" to Safari 13.0 (Mojave - will also post on thst forum) today and it has frozen twice already. When it freezes it also prevent me from clicking on the Apple icon to access the Force Quit menu item. I have to use Option-Command-Esc to force quit safari.
I am not using any extensions.
Grrr

Last edited:

sputnikBA

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
I "updated" to Safari 13.0 (Mojave - will also post on thst forum) today and it has frozen twice already. When it freezes it also prevent me from clicking on the Apple icon to access the Force Quit menu item. I have to use Option-Command-Esc to force quit safari.
I am not using any extensions.
Grrr
I’m having a similar problem on Mojave. It will launch and then when trying to load any page (even topsides), it crash immediately after...

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
I'm mostly annoyed with 1password. The new version of the extension is "included with 1password 7". Which if i recall is subscription only. So looks like it will accelerate my migration to Keepass which i've been using for work for years already anyway.

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
Rolled back to the last Safari 12 build. Will stay there

Hi,
Could you please upload Safari 12 and post the link for us. I swear there're many people who regretted upgrading to 13 but kick themselves now. In my case, I wanted to resolve bad graphics of a site however the update didn't fix it.

You may want to use the anonymous upload service named Gofile Gofile - anonymous file sharing service

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I restored to a previous backup rather than just excising Safari but take a look here as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.