Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
I have noticed of late that YouTube doesn't want to load on my Safari browser. I'm running the latest Safari available under High Sierra. When I open a tab and try to go to YouTube, it just never loads unless I delete the YouTube and/or quite Safari and re-open. Anyone else having this issue?

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I have noticed of late that YouTube doesn't want to load on my Safari browser. I'm running the latest Safari available under High Sierra. When I open a tab and try to go to YouTube, it just never loads unless I delete the YouTube and/or quite Safari and re-open. Anyone else having this issue?
My first thought is browser extensions. Second thought would be clear cache and history. Apologies if these have been tried.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
My first thought is browser extensions. Second thought would be clear cache and history. Apologies if these have been tried.

Have tried clearing cache - which fixes it for a while, but problem always seems to come back. Haven't tried disabling any extensions - will give that a try too. Thanks.

PS: I just checked and I only have one extension and that is for 1Password (a popular Password manager). I'll try disabling that extension and see if that helps.

Reactions: revmacian

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
I have this issue now too. For some reason Youtube no longer will open using my Safari Browser but will open using other browsers. A couple of other websites as well now too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.