Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyparafango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
Hi, I've this problem since Yosemite and still persists after 10.11 clean install:
every time I search for something directly in the searchbar, after I press return the window with searching suggestion, bookmarks and history doesn't hide. ONLY in fullscreen mode.

It's very annoying because I must click somewhere in the screen to make it disappear, and this problem appears only with google search and duckduck. No with bing or yahoo.

I tried everything: clean install, update all osx versions, delete all preferences files, create different users.
At this point, I can't figured it out if this problem is related to iCloud or not.

Someone with the same, tedious, bug?
Thanks!

Reactions: laderk

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
Hi, I've this problem since Yosemite and still persists after 10.11 clean install:
every time I search for something directly in the searchbar, after I press return the window with searching suggestion, bookmarks and history doesn't hide. ONLY in fullscreen mode.

It's very annoying because I must click somewhere in the screen to make it disappear, and this problem appears only with google search and duckduck. No with bing or yahoo.

I tried everything: clean install, update all osx versions, delete all preferences files, create different users.
At this point, I can't figured it out if this problem is related to iCloud or not.

Someone with the same, tedious, bug?
Thanks!

Try Safari >> Preferences >> Search tab. Uncheck Include search engine suggestions.

I was also having this is issue (and use DuckDuckGo). Your post prompted me to investigate. Thanks.

DS

johnnyparafango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
Try Safari >> Preferences >> Search tab. Uncheck Include search engine suggestions.

I was also having this is issue (and use DuckDuckGo). Your post prompted me to investigate. Thanks.

DS

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I've already tried this, as well all other options but no results.

Yesterday I noticed that every time I click on a url or if I change tab, in console this message appears
Code:
_CGXRemoveWindowFromWindowMovementGroup: window 0x60 is not attached to window 0x6e

johnnyparafango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
Up: It's definitely a issue related to iCloud, because I have the same problem with a new iMac logged with the same account. Still no idea about fix it.

Jonnnathan

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2017
Hi, I'm having the same issue: it only happens on full screen and with Google on the default search engine. Did you solve the problem?

Exactly! I've got a brother in this issue, I thought I was the only one on the earth! Let me now if you find a solution and I'll do the same! But now I'm hopeless :(

johnnyparafango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
Hi, I'm having the same issue: it only happens on full screen and with Google on the default search engine. Did you solve the problem?

Hi,
no, unfortunately I was not able to solve it. But I don't know why, the problem disappeared by itself. Not sure if it's due to an update but I don't think so (I always checked if osx/safari updates fixed it).

By the way now I'm running 10.12.4 without that bug.

johnnyparafango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
mine continues with the bug :(
I had it for more than 3 years with completely different versions of osx and after clean installs. I started to think that was a driver issue (and I'm still thinking) than boom.. Magically disappeared

Hope that for you will last shorter!

Modernape

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Hi,
no, unfortunately I was not able to solve it. But I don't know why, the problem disappeared by itself. Not sure if it's due to an update but I don't think so (I always checked if osx/safari updates fixed it).

By the way now I'm running 10.12.4 without that bug.

Are you saying the problem disappeared when you installed 10.12.4? Or, was it still present even with that, until some random point recently?

johnnyparafango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
Are you saying the problem disappeared when you installed 10.12.4? Or, was it still present even with that, until some random point recently?

As I said I don't know. I think it disappeared even before 10.12.4. The point is that, due to this issue, I hadn't used Safari for a long period, so I'm not 100% sure.

Now I'm on 10.12.5 and the issue seems not present.

amok-san

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2008
I'm still having this problem. I used to remedy it by using the "Anysearch" extension, which now no longer works in Safari 13.

It's really curious that the issue magically disappeared for the OP.

Desperate to find a new solution...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.