Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JenniferS2324

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
United Kingdom
I have noticed today that I can't add any bookmarks! When I try I get a message saying "You can't change bookmarks now". "You can't change your bookmarks right now because they are being synchronised. Wait a few minutes then try again! I waited a good few minutes and I am still getting the same message. Please let me know what is going on. Thanks

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I've seen that message a number of times, but the sync usually is fast and you can add bookmarks within a minute or two. Syncing time may be shorter or longer.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
I have noticed today that I can't add any bookmarks! When I try I get a message saying "You can't change bookmarks now". "You can't change your bookmarks right now because they are being synchronised. Wait a few minutes then try again! I waited a good few minutes and I am still getting the same message. Please let me know what is going on. Thanks

Would dragging website down into the 'Edit Bookmarks' list of names work as an alternative?

Last edited:

eightace

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2012
Any solution to this as I am getting it on a fresh install of Big Sur and it is getting annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.