Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Guessing there’s no thread been made for this. Never too early to talk note 10 now the S10 has landed.

Screen size rumour is 6.66 inches so basically billing this as a 6.7 inch device.

Post any other rumours here.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I honestly thought this would be my next phone, but now with all this Foldable candy making its way from MWC, I'm not sure

Still looking forward to the Note10 though, especially if it's anything like Galaxy S10 5G with 6.7inch Display.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I am good with the S10E, but I can’t begin to imagine what additional features Samsung brings on top of the S10 to make the Note even more feature filled.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Well being that the S10+ 5G version will has a 3D depth sensing lens (back and front), we should expect that on the Note 10. So a secure Face Unlock will most likely be implemented as well as AR features.

The 5G version also has Super Fast Charging at 25W, so expect that (or higher) on the Note 10 as well.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
For the first time, I think I'm going to opt for the Plus model over the Note. I don't use the Spen very often, but in the past the other upgrades such as RAM, battery life, form factor, etc. still made the Note worth the little extra money. But this year, I don't see how it will really be that much better than the Plus model unless you're a big Spen user. The screen size will likely be a bit bigger and maybe a little bit bigger of a battery, but thats it. RAM at 8 GB in the Plus model is already more than enough, any more is just a waste for day-to-day activities. The only thing I could see being a real big deal is if the rumors of the front facing camera being in the Spen are true (I doubt they are). Otherwise, what more could they do over the Plus model?

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I think a flat Note 10 would be an amazing phone. I would probably pick a Note 11 though since my future S10E could probably give me 2 years of mileage.

Reactions: Oohara

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I hope the rumor is true that the selfie camera is actually in the spen. Imagine if the spen is on the upper right corner instead of bottom right, and when you click the top the camera is exposed while the pen is still tucked inside. You would be able to have no bezels, no notch, and no punch hole. And if they did 6.5” flat display, ceramic back, stainless or titanium sides, it would be perfect.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I hope the rumor is true that the selfie camera is actually in the spen. Imagine if the spen is on the upper right corner instead of bottom right, and when you click the top the camera is exposed while the pen is still tucked inside. You would be able to have no bezels, no notch, and no punch hole. And if they did 6.5” flat display, ceramic back, stainless or titanium sides, it would be perfect.
Omg I hadn't thought of that, haha...if they could pull that one off it would be perfection indeed.

And rotate the pen the other way to get a periscope ;)

Reactions: iSilas

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

If true, would it be a 4K selfie cam?

woozor1

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2015
Uk
Im guessing the 5g model will be the same as the note 10 but with the pen?? like what else is there they can really add.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
If true, would it be a 4K selfie cam?

Have no idea, but I just though of something. How cool would it be if it were a 360 camera like the one Essential sold or like the one Samsung makes and sells themselves? Wonder how long until they can shrink that down enough to fit on an spen.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Yeah and the SPen snaps or you lose it...

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
If I must stick with Samsung for my main line, then perhaps I should try to hold out on my aging s7e that I finally got the February patch for installed (been sitting in the to do bin for a bit) until this beast comes out.

Last note I had was the 4! :eek: back in the day of changeable batteries and root access... Uh, I think I had it rooted, been so long I can't remember. Eventually the lag and stuttering whilst typing got to me and it's been retired.

My s7e is still working but I'd like an upgrade. Also find typing on it a bit of an issue because it's smaller.

Eh, early morning rambling :oops:

As much as I detest Samsung junkware and added value software, I tend to reach for their devices for my main line and ability to retain signal where my Google phones have a bit of reliability irks to them.

Reactions: 5105973

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
If I must stick with Samsung for my main line, then perhaps I should try to hold out on my aging s7e that I finally got the February patch for installed (been sitting in the to do bin for a bit) until this beast comes out.

Last note I had was the 4! :eek: back in the day of changeable batteries and root access... Uh, I think I had it rooted, been so long I can't remember. Eventually the lag and stuttering whilst typing got to me and it's been retired.

My s7e is still working but I'd like an upgrade. Also find typing on it a bit of an issue because it's smaller.

As much as I detest Samsung junkware and added value software, I tend to reach for their devices for my main line and ability to retain signal where my Google phones have a bit of reliability irks to them.
I think it's a pretty safe bet the Note 10 will be worth the wait. The S10 design will probably be even more beautiful in the larger format. Note sure how much junk software Samsung put on their new phone these days (my last Sammy was the Note 2 :p) but I'm guessing it'll be far less than on your 4, and One UI looks very promising.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Well Samsung are miles better than they were with the S7 edge. Completely different software wise and big improvements in hardware too

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
Note 10 Teaser?
https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/galaxy-store/

Captura de ecrã 2019-03-10, às 00.23.22.png

If it's going to be as bezeless as this, I'm sold.

Reactions: Fernandez21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.